QuittingAdderall.com Forums

First post-adderall work win!

Brit

Thanks for sharing such an honest and positive experience. Feeling like a fraud or permanently defective after quitting is a pretty regular experience for us. I feel this daily. Grinding through and finding the inner strength to persevere is such a powerful and motivating experience.  (Wish I did this more)  Recovery is not an event but a continuing journey of daily battles on the road to self discovery and growth. I’m proud of you. Keep up the great work. We are here for you during the good times and bad. 

• Like 4

On 4/30/2020 at 9:39 PM, Brit said:

well... yesterday I fucking did it!!! My boss and the suits all said it was my best presentation yet, and I had to answer a ton of questions and even change some of my plan on the fly due to new company initiatives. I literally cried tears of joy after and haven’t lost my smile yet. I’ve suddenly had a ton more drive and energy that has lasted 30 straight hours. 

woo! ride the wave! (:

i truly believe that recovering means a series of these kinds of events - proving to yourself that you don't need Adderall to succeed. thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

On 5/1/2020 at 11:21 PM, xenia0323 said:

Can you please share your supplements? I’m starting my quitting journey next week and I heard supplements really help 

@xenia0323 - I find the most benefit when I take them consistently each and every day, I didn't take them this weekend and definitely felt more depressed than I have in about a week. Get a pill holder, saves so much time and easier to take each day. I've spent a lot time researching brands and benefits of each one, so I shared links below for them.  Good luck, you got this!!! 

Morning: 1,3,4,7 I've been taking for a few years to help with side effects of Adderall. 

1. Adrenal Health:  2 capsules: for stress and adrenal fatigue 
  2. Omega-3 Fish Oil: 1 1250mg capsule: Health, Brain and joint support
  3. L-Tyrosine: 1 500mg capsule for mental alertness
  4. Ginkgo Biloba: 1 550mg capsule for memory and concentration 
  5. D, L-Phenyalanine: 1 500mg capsule to enhance mood and energy levels 
  6. One-A-Day Women's Multi-Vitamin: Just cause I needed more Iron and Zinc + everything else
  7. Stress B-Complex: 1 capsule for stress support
  8. *Bromelain: 1 500mg capsule. I've taken this for a few years to help with inflammation, primarily sinuses. Not necessarily Adderall related. 
  9. *L-Lysine: 1 1000mg capsule, I've taken this for 8 years for cold sores. Haven't had one since.  Also helps with immune function. Not necessarily Adderall related.  But I've read that Adderall can wreck havoc on immune system. 
  10. Genius Mushrooms, I just started adding them to my morning routine today. They are an immune booster and for memory, energy and liver support. Can't fully recommend until I have more time to see how they are interacting with everything else and if I notice any sort of difference. 

Throughout the day: I've taken both throughout the years to help with side effects of Adderall.

1. L-Tyrosine: I take again 1-2 more 500mg capsules throughout the day as needed for mental alertness. Usually in 3 hour increments during work days
  2. CBD Oil: Half-dropper to help with anxiety as needed

Evening: 

1. Kava Kava: 1 700 mg to help with stress, mood and mental calmness
  2. CBD Oil: Half-dropper to help relax
  3. *Bromelain: 1 500mg capsule. I've taken this for a few years to help with inflammation, primarily sinuses. Not adderall related. 
  4. *L-Lysine: 1 1000mg capsule, I've taken this for 8 years for cold sores. Haven't had one since.  Always help with immune function
  5. For Sleep: 30 minutes before bed I take 2-3 of the below or mix & match depending on my mood so I take between 3-4.5mg of melatonin to help sleep every-night 
    1. Melatonin Gummy:  2-3 pieces for a more calming and natural sleep
    2. *Recoop, after stimulants: 2 capsules, I bought this subscription when I was still on Adderall, and found the night time pretty beneficial. Once I run out, I will not reorder as didn't take away all the side effects, but I really like them for sleeping pills. 

Would love to hear if anyone has something they recommend I add or feedback on what I am taking.  And thanks for all of the support on this post, it was very therapeutic to write it out! 

• Like 2