QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Relapse pt. VI

addyaddy

Hi, just want to claim my seat here again. 3 days back today. I am so much happier when sober, but I feel like I can't do ANYTHING. AND I decided to get sober right before finals, so that's cool. The job pressure is mounting (even more so under quarantine), even typing out this message is like, agonizing...I'm so exhausted. I'm on wellbutrin & strattera and that seems to help, but it's nothing like adderall. Gotta get the idea out of my head that I can only be successful while on it...

sorry to hear about your relapse - finals period is tough enough on its own, much less doing it while suffering through withdrawals. is there any possibility of taking a semester off? maybe during that time you can just take some elective classes or something to put into a place a better work habit / routine? you can also maybe try studying/working in some place public like a cafe - i find just the energy of people buzzing about helps a little (plus the smell of coffee!!!).

i honestly wish i had better advice for you on school matters but i ended up dropping out of grad school due to my addiction, loans for which i am STILL paying back without even having the degree. its a bummer, but i'm fine and successful despite that so it's not the end of the world.

hang in there friend - it's worth the fight!

• Like 2

haha - yes there's just no better way to describe recovery! i think words matter a lot, and the way we use them too.

i specifically like the word "sleepy" because it acknowledges the lack of energy, but also that sleep is awesome! i enjoy being sleepy but i hate being exhausted.

glad to hear you're feeling better - keep on keeping on (: 

• Like 2