QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Sober asf

Hey friends,

I have passed the 2-week mark in my Adderall cessation journey and the novelty of being clean has worn off. I have now entered a phase where life is just dragging, day by day.

I have worked too hard and gone too far to turn back, but I just can't find the motivation to move forward.

This dull, low-grade exhaustion where I'm dragging a$$ is killing me. I feel like such a simp. Also, I have entirely lost my sense of humor and this is scaring me. My wit use to be on point and now there is not a funny bone in my body. Has anyone else experienced this??

Really and truly, I know it won't be like this forever and I just have to push through...What has kept you psychologically intact during the initial weeks and months of being sober?

• Like 2

I def lost my wit big-time and wit is a big part of my identity.  It sucks and I am not going to lie - it takes a hot minute to get it back - but it DOES come back.  The only thing to do is buckle up and hold on and know it's going to really suck for a good amount of time.  But there is hope things better things change. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/16/2020 at 6:12 PM, sweetupbaaby said:

Also, I have entirely lost my sense of humor and this is scaring me. My wit use to be on point and now there is not a funny bone in my body.

Yes! I literally lost the ability to even laugh-- I felt so drained of energy that just smiling was exhausting. It got to the point where I started responding to my partner's jokes with "I'm sorry-- that was funny, but I just don't have the energy to laugh right now"

Good luck on your journey-- I am rooting for you.

• Like 1