QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Stiff and Cracking Joints

Andyd2

Hey all, 

A few years into taking Adderall I noticed that my joints were always cracking and my neck was always stiff. I took adderall xr 30 mg for 11 years from age 18-29. I’ve been off Adderall for 15 months now and I still have these symptoms. I just feel like all my joints are inflamed and a little achey. Has anyone else experienced this? Did it ever go away for you? Have you done or taken anything that helped? Would love any insight because it’s been a huge stress for me. Thank you so much!

• Like 1

Drinking tons of water- staying hydrated really seemed to solve this problem for me! Making sure I am hydrated throughout the day has solved so many problems I didn't even know I had. It improved my mood swings, my concentration, and my anxiety/depression. It gave me more energy to get things done. The majority of your brain and other organs are composed of water. When you are dehydrated, all your organs begin to lack and body parts become stiff and not very lubricated.

Also, doing daily stretches will really help!

• Like 1

Great suggestions - thank you so much!  Why is it that sugar is so extra destructive to the folks here in this community? Does Adderall screw up our digestion that much? I wonder if it ever gets better where we can enjoy things in moderation like everyone else or if it's going to be our kryptonite forever. sigh!

• Like 2

I have been unable to enjoy sugar since quitting adderall nine years ago.  

Regarding the OP at the top of this thread, my joints were so stiff and achy by the time I quit, I felt like an old man.  The good news is that yoga and exercise has reversed that problem.  Actually, my joints felt better after quitting and before I started exercising. 

• Like 3

That's really great to hear about joints getting better! So weird about the sugar though. I wonder what was damaged by Adderall that affects sugar digestion/breakdown. Pancreas damage? CNS damage? Vagus nerve? If only there were more unbiased medical studies!