QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Progress

m34

I really appreciate hearing this. I quit Adderall back in October. Since then, I’ve had a few brief relapses, and am currently on Day 69 since the last one. I’m doing ok. Most of the time I don’t think about Adderall. I know with absolute certainty that it wouldn’t help. The most helpful things are exercise, sleep, taking the time to make and eat healthy meals, and time in nature. I got a mountain bike recently and have really been enjoying finding new trails to ride in the mornings. 

Today I am leaving on a trip with my boyfriend for two weeks to spend a week in Albuquerque and a week in Tucson. The hope is that by the end of the trip, we’ll have decided to which of these two places we’d like to move. This was a plan I had first made over ten years ago (pre-Adderall).

The other day my boyfriend told me how much healthier I look. Yesterday, I saw my ex-husband (he’s taking care of my pup while I’m gone). I hadn’t seen him in nearly six months. He said, “You got skinny!” Which I took as a real compliment. I was afraid I’d gain weight post-Adderall.

My guts have been pretty whacked lately. I know I’ve read some on here say they’ve had gut issues in recovery. 

Work has been really challenging. I’ve been doing telehealth sessions from home since COVID, which is great in some ways, but I’m feeling really burnt-out. 

Most of the time lately I forget that I am in recovery from Adderall. Some days It helps to remind myself that I am still in recovery. Some days it’s good to just show up and do the next right thing and to make peace with however I am and however things are.

• Like 2

On 6/17/2020 at 9:38 PM, m34 said:

I just wanted to come on and say some positive things that have been happening.  The last couple of months I’ve made some real progress. I’m on month 17 clean.  I stick to a routine, wake up early, eat well, run 6days a week, meditate. I sleep better than I have in years. This doesn’t mean every day is good, but I work hard regardless of how I feel now. 

I’m also making huge progress at work. I honestly can’t even believe I’m typing these words. 
the transformation has been slow but worth it.  im sober as well. Think this is the biggest factor in feeling consistently better (for me at least) 

I only think about adderall around 3 pm - once a  day... because I get sluggish.. then it fades. No longer is it a loud nagging “addiction voice” to get back on Adderall all day long. 

if anyone is struggling today know there is a light at the end of this long ass tunnel. 

No one should go through what we have all been facing. There should be more research and more understanding to the dangers of long term use of adderall. If I can get to this point then there is hope for everyone. We aren’t damaged forever it just takes time. Keep going 

Thanks for posting your progress and offering some hope for those of us along on this journey with you. You are an incredibly strong person and I imagine that you have found an inner strength and fire that you never knew existed before quitting. I am right with you in this process at almost 14 months and many of the things you shared resonate with me and my experiences. My fog has mostly lifted. Energy is back. I’m still struggling with feeling laughter and enjoying anything pleasurable.  It should also be noted that these are very difficult times for many of us due to Covid19 and the added stress that financial and societal pressures can put on us. Some days when the stress overtakes me I might pace and hand wring a bit until I get angry enough to exercise and do some relaxation breathe work. Exercise, sleep, balanced healthy diet and breathing exercises are a MUST.  I always get something out of your posts and I appreciate you being a part of this community. Stay strong, healthy and free. 

• Like 3