tuneum

Why, exactly, does tapering "not work"?

2 posts in this topic

I've had to go through some long withdrawals (1-2 weeks) many times in the past, and the fatigue/exhaustion I experienced was just too severe for me to handle/function. I was sleeping 16+ hours most days, and caffeine pills/energy drinks did nothing to help. I'm able to get myself to do the bare minimum-- like taking a test for a class-- but was barely functional beyond that. 

I've been seeing a TON of posts from veterans here saying that tapering almost never works, and I don't want to be another failed tapering thread, so my question is this: why do you think tapering doesn't work? I want to just get off of this horrible drug now, but going cold turkey has consistently made me non-functional. I binge my adderall right now, so I'm also not sure how tapering would work, but am going to try 

Thanks for your help!

1 person likes this

I’m interested to hear what others have to say, because tapering is not a thing I’ve ever been able to do. Every month, I end up running out with at least a week left before my next refill and every month I tell myself that I’m going to taper next time. I never do.