QuittingAdderall.com Forums

It's time to change my life...advice, pleaseeee

ashley6

Hey Ashley, (and everyone). I have a few questions. I have been prescribed 10-20mg IR a day (one morning and one afternoon) for the past 4.5 years or so. When i take my meds i feel really engaged and awake and focused and alert and aware and happy. Just like an all around better performer and i have a job that requires intense focus and attention to detail. Ive been off for a couple weeks now and i feel really hazy and unmotivated and depressed. Ive been having crazy insomnia and night sweats and very intense panic attacks. Will I eventually get my energy levels and happiness back? Im feeling so defeated and sad about this. I wanted to get off the meds because i want to be able to do everything on my own without feeling like i was using crutches. Im just so worried that ive caused irrepairable brain damage. Is that possible? I need some words of hope and a reality check please :/

It sounds like your anxiety is really getting the best of you right now. I can't tell you when you will return to normal. Your dosage is so low, and I truly think you won't have near as many issues as me "recovering." I was abusing the hell out of the drug, and I was never even on as low of a dosage as you. I have anxiety and panic attacks, so I understand the fear of things can sometimes become irrational and out of control. My advice to you is to try to stop focusing on how you're feeling constantly (I'm very guilty of doing this)...try to let it go, and I think things will come together again for you sooner rather than later. You haven't done permanent damage, your brain is fine...just try your hardest to be patient.

• Like 2