QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Washington Post article

Cassie

Frightening article from the Washington Post about the overuse of psychotropic drugs:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/antipsychotic-drugs-grow-more-popular-for-patients-without-mental-illness/2012/02/02/gIQAH1yz7R_print.html

Specifically, the article is about the antipsychotic class of drugs, but you can just as easily replace 'Abilify' with 'Adderrall' and see the same trends and outcomes touched upon. The big pharma-health insurance industrial complex makes me sick.

• 2 months later...

It makes me sick too. I think ADHD is definitely manufactured to sell pills...

I really thought I had ADHD when I first started taking ritalin..becuase I had trouble focusing and I got bored when I was doing something boring or sometimes I was disorganized.. or I'd get distracted when I was reading or whatever...EVERYBODY has those problems. Those are regular human problems. That doesn't mean everybody also has an attention disease called ADHD and needs pills to treat a disease.

Looking back..I am rolling my eyes at myself..i remember being really gung ho about having ADD like on ADDforums.....(it's the site quit-once pointed out which is a site I find highly entertaining)

Anyway, This tragic article goes into the debate over whether adhd is invented by drug companies..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2002856/Harry-Hucknall-10-killed-taking-Ritalin.html