QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Spam taking over our sanctuary

EricP

I have been using this forum for nearly 3 years now and never seem it this bad. I cant imagine it not existing due to this sort of thing as it has helped me and so many.

Hopefully one of our moderators will clean up the posts and block the users. Maybe an additional step needs to be implemented before potential new members can get in. I hope there is a solution, reddit and facebook do not have anything as intimate as this recovery home. 

• Like 1

Totally agree Eric! I was saddened to see so much. I was about to say something too. The russian stuff is bizarre. I did a google translation this morning for the first time on one of the paragraphs and it was about movies and random stuff....WTF?  

Maybe one of us could volunteer to keep watch and have the ability to wipe it clean as soon as it comes up?

33 minutes ago, speedracer said:

Totally agree Eric! I was saddened to see so much. I was about to say something too. The russian stuff is bizarre. I did a google translation this morning for the first time on one of the paragraphs and it was about movies and random stuff....WTF?  

Maybe one of us could volunteer to keep watch and have the ability to wipe it clean as soon as it comes up?

Yeah I don't know who is moderating these days. I reported a few in hopes someone would address it. Not sure the process in becoming a moderator... 

I think I have deleted all of it, let me know if you find any more.  I've been out in the wilderness backpacking for the last few days.  I could sure use some help moderating.  If anybody is interested, let me know and I will contact Mike to get that ball rolling, as well as renewing the Word Press account so the spammers have a more difficult time registering.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update, I am helping as an Administrator and working on being more aggressive with the spam situation. Please flag anything as soon as you see it, I am not on here every minute of every day so any reporting is very helpful. I have removed posts and banned every spam user I could find going back a few months. 

• Like 2