QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Are these side effects? I'm genuinely terrified

Corey

I took a typical 20mg XR supplement today and went to a nearby hookah lounge, working on homework for a few hours and being sure to drink water. When I went to pay I suddenly lost my balance, knocked over some stuff and blacked out for a hot second, at which point I came to, sitting on the floor and being given water. I apologized a lot, obviously, said I wasn't drunk, paid extra and left, still totally uncoordinated. At this point an intense headache and ringing in my ears developed which is still going on almost two hours later. Thinking maybe it was extreme dehydration I bought and drank a pedialyte, which hasn't done much. I also took ibuprophen which seems to have reduced the headache. The ringing in my ears is just as intense and I also can't hear any deep bass sounds, everyone around me sounds like they've just inhaled helium. The only thing I can do right now is sleep it off I guess and see a doctor in the near future. Does anyone have reason to suspect this is adderall-related? Have I just had a minor-stroke? I'm understandably freaking out right now and would appreciate any support, guidance, or similar experiences.

Hey Corey,

I would go see a doctor and get that checked out. From people who've just taken adderall once, I've heard of them being awake for days straight and also headaches maybe, but never blackouts and ringing in the ears. Those don't sound like adderall to me. I'm not a doctor, but that's just my opinion. I'd get it checked out to see if it's something else.

I'd also stay away from the adderall in case it was from the adderall.

It's alwasy better to rule out all possibilities and be safe right?

• 3 weeks later...

This is a few weeks later, so maybe not helpful or relevant anymore, but it should be mentioned that excessive tobacco intake can do that to you anyway, and if you couple it with adderall, which thins out your blood as well... Which isn't to say chalk it up to nothing. It wouldn't have happened without the adderall. But it maybe - maybe - wouldn't have happened without the tobacco, either.