QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Lost Brilliance

Rich

How is everyone dealing with a craving for those rampant moments of brilliance while you were on adderall? I'm talking about those moments where your mind just felt on fire, immensely creative and unstoppable. I want to achieve this sober. I've tried nootropics (piracetam), supplements (tyrosine), and brain exercises (dual n back) but none have compared to the feeling of being on adderall.

To be clear, not every moment was like that on adderall... only 1-2 hours after I took it, and not every time.

Those fleeting moments of brilliance and wit are overshadowed by the longer periods of memory loss, stupidity and poor decisions while abusing adderall. After abusing at high dosages or for more than three days, I was mentally slow and stupid. I would just stare at things because I couldn't solve any problems or make decisions. I don't ever want to return to that state. My mind is the greatest asset I have and adderall was slowly robbing me of short term memory and general cognition. To be fair, adderall did enhance certain thoughts and ideas but at a great cost. My wit and wisdom have returned to pre-adderall levels, but my motivation is still trying to catch up.

• Like 2