QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Here goes nothing

Scott10it

So I have never really attempted to quit taking addy, but instead I would just not take it for a couple of days so my tolerance for it would be lowered. I have an EXTREMELY large dosage; 3x30mg pills a day! I know it is a lot but I'm 6'0 190 lbs so I just figured I needed more because of it. WRONG! Anyways I am currently a junior in college and attend KU and a junior college nearby. I have been taking adderall on and off now for nearly 5 years now and never thought I would want to quit taking this "Super Pill," but as of the past couple of days I have realized how dependent I am on this pill...it's pretty sad to say the least. Now as much as I want to quit it has done wonders to my grades. As a pre-pharmacy student, you get use to the idea that you need to study all the time so I thought this was the only way I could get into pharmacy school. Now, I'm done with my pre-courses and made A's in almost all of my courses, but at what expense? I'm obviously not the same person I was before I took the pill. Today I took 60mg because I have an accounting exam in two days and a project for another class, and now I'm writing on this forum because I know I won't sleep. To prevent myself from losing it and going crazy I have relied on smoking to help me feel normal again. And now I smoke a lot because of addy.

When I'm on addy:

-Slip in and out of depression

-Extremely introverted

-Anxious and nervous to no extent

-Hands shake (In my chemistry/microbiology lab this was very embarrassing)

-Sweat A LOT

-Tweaky feeling like I'm going to go crazy

-Extremely self-conscious

-Don't eat/drink

-Never sleep

I need to quit taking this sh*t and get my life back in order.

I am going to quit taking it starting Friday 3/11 (also the start of my spring break). I figure this is the best time to quit because I won't have anything to do so I won't need to take it.

Wish me luck!

• Like 1

Good luck, Scott!

Quitting on spring break will give you a week head start, for sure. The first week is all crash anyway. Like you said: better to get that out of the way when you have as few obligations as possible.

Just remember: the hard part starts when you actually have to face your work environment again. Be ready for that, and come to terms with it as you're relaxing on break. B)

Again, good luck! You can do it!

Also: That's a great "When I'm on addy" list. Now you've got a baseline. When you've quit for a while, make that list again and see how it compares. My guess is that nearly every point on the list will reverse to some degree. :)

So I have never really attempted to quit taking addy, but instead I would just not take it for a couple of days so my tolerance for it would be lowered. I have an EXTREMELY large dosage; 3x30mg pills a day! I know it is a lot but I'm 6'0 190 lbs so I just figured I needed more because of it. WRONG! Anyways I am currently a junior in college and attend KU and a junior college nearby. I have been taking adderall on and off now for nearly 5 years now and never thought I would want to quit taking this "Super Pill," but as of the past couple of days I have realized how dependent I am on this pill...it's pretty sad to say the least. Now as much as I want to quit it has done wonders to my grades. As a pre-pharmacy student, you get use to the idea that you need to study all the time so I thought this was the only way I could get into pharmacy school. Now, I'm done with my pre-courses and made A's in almost all of my courses, but at what expense? I'm obviously not the same person I was before I took the pill. Today I took 60mg because I have an accounting exam in two days and a project for another class, and now I'm writing on this forum because I know I won't sleep. To prevent myself from losing it and going crazy I have relied on smoking to help me feel normal again. And now I smoke a lot because of addy.

When I'm on addy:

-Slip in and out of depression

-Extremely introverted

-Anxious and nervous to no extent

-Hands shake (In my chemistry/microbiology lab this was very embarrassing)

-Sweat A LOT

-Tweaky feeling like I'm going to go crazy

-Extremely self-conscious

-Don't eat/drink

-Never sleep

I need to quit taking this sh*t and get my life back in order.

I am going to quit taking it starting Friday 3/11 (also the start of my spring break). I figure this is the best time to quit because I won't have anything to do so I won't need to take it.

Wish me luck!

Good luck, Scott! Keep posting to this site for support if you need it. I'm on here a lot. :) You can do it!

Erin