QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Other Forums

quit-once

Has anybody ventured out and explored other adderall or meth-related forums lately? I have book-marked another web site called the attention deficit hyperactivty disorder forums, or http://wwww.addforums.com/

It is a web site of the drug companies, by the drug companies, and for the drug companies and their customers. Each post features a drug advertisement. It is mostly a forum of people tweeting about tweaking and they are all so proud of their diagnoses and their medications. It is a busy place with thousands of daily visitors and lots of activity. I will never join it or post anything there but it is good entertainment. One guy even refered to those of us who advocate quitting adderall as a "cult".

The other web site worth checking out is a quitting meth web site & forum - just google quitting meth and see what comes up. You will find a dark place on the internet. Sometimes I go there just to remind myself that it could be a lot worse.

Quit Once,

us? a cult? was he referring to THIS website? HA! that has me totally cracking up!!

I have never really ventured out anywhere except ehealthforums maybe...But as soon as I found this place, and started to read Mike's articles and the forum posts, I knew I'd found the right environment for quitting adderall...(but might check out your links for entertainment)

A LOT of people consider NA like a cult (but that works).. In fact, one of its biggest criticisms suggests that it was developed to impose faith on the people who joined...You really have to believe in some form of higher power in order for the program to work...In the hundred or so meetings I attended, there was never a single meeting where a higher power was not discussed for most of the meeting..

For me, what I found has really worked for me on quitting, that I never found discussed at NA meetings or in NA literature is understanding the science behind the addiction. Reading our own forum posts and those books I included on the adderall abuse book list on the other post really helped because it made me completely aware of exactly how I got addicted and what adderall was doing to my brain, how it was altering my brain chemistry with stimulants...how I was making myself worse with each dosing..etc..etc.. I found the information I was learning really appalling which of course kept up my motivation to stay away from that stuff. I also think part of quitting successfully means to always stay highly motivated to be free from these pills...Motivation is a powerful way to fight addiction and the potential for relapse...which unfortunately so many addicts succumb to.

By the way, members, have we decided on a date for our ritual sacrifice yet???

This website (quittingadderall) was never mentioned by name in that forum. I think it was somebody grasping to hold on to their addiction despite their paranoia resulting from advanced amphetamine psyshosis. Visiting the addforums.com website is not only entertaining, it reminds me of where I was in that awful addiction and how easy it was to fail to see that adderall WAS the problem that CREATED my add symptoms. So I occasionally go to that web site to remind me how bad it was, and the quitting meth web site forums just to see how much worse it could have been. The german word "shocktenfroid", and I am sure I butchered its spelling, describes taking joy from other people's self-imposed missery and I get that every time I read the add forums.

I couldn't agree more with you that learning something about the science of addiction and brain chemistry has really helped me through the recovery process.

I've been to www.kci.org a few times to read the message boards. It's an anti-meth site. Some of them are interesting, honest, and written by intelligent people. It certainly gives me hope to read posts by people who were on meth for 20+ years written coherently! But yeah, any other Adderall forum out there seems to consist solely of Adderall advocates who coo over the virtues of amphetamine drugs. Not only that, but most of these freaks are on a multitude of drugs, usually some sort of amphetamine/anti-depressant/anti-anxiety cocktail. You know, for all their 'diseases.' They're not interested in solving their problems. They've been fully medicalized.

We are the best and probably only anti-Adderall cult around. What kind of Kool-Aid do you guys like?

• Like 1

To be fair, I need to provide the context of that "cult" statement I read: It was in response to somebody who had written a post that he was frustrated that adderall had quit working for him, and he was wondering if he should quit, even for just a couple of months. I'm not sure whether that makes the "cult" comment even funnier or somewhat disturbing.

Fully "medicalized"....never heard that term before but I like it. It makes me think of brainwashed zombies who are programmed to take their pills and always seek new pills for their "diseases". And then take more pills to counter the side effects of the first pills, and the "disorders" never really get cured.

While I am on this rant, another thing that active users and fresh quitters have in common is the lack of ownership for their addiction. "I was put on adderall" or "I was prescribed vivanse" or "I was diagnosed with severe blah blah and the doctor PUT me on......" It's like these people are following "doctors orders" like they are in the military or something.

Please, people, think for yourselves and make informed decisions. And take ownership of your habbits and addictions. I believe that acknowledging your personal responsibility (or lack of) and taking ownership of your addiction is the first step in quitting.