QuittingAdderall.com Forums

5 Month Update

Civilengr2020

Thanks for sharing you experience. I'm 62 and been on vyvanse/adderall/other for 20+ years.   

I've been on a high dose of vyvanse and have weaned down from 110 (70+40) to only 10 mg on average every other day. I've gone as much as 9 days with out and give in to taking 10 mg.  My biggest fear is being able to work efficiently and stay social. I'm on a low enough dose to make the final cut; but concerned about the lows.  I loved vyvanse for a long time. I was very focused with work, but for have experienced health issues (hypertension) for the past couple of years which has motivated me to stop taking vyvanse.  Thanks for sharing your experience strength and hope.  G

• Like 2

Congratulations on being able to bring your dose down to a more manageable level.  One of my greatest fears was and still is failing to perform at work without Vyvanse but its something I'm slowly getting over.  My profession is that of a civil engineer which involves a lot of creative work with some moderate amount of abstract thinking as well.  I'm not going to lie.....taking Vyvanse did allowed me to go above and beyond for many years at my job but once the benefits peaked, it kept me from progressing and growing into a more responsible, mature engineering manager.  That being said, deep down inside I knew I couldn't advance my career unless I was willing to let go of those horrible chains and finally become who I was meant to be.  Never ever give up even if you struggle to keep up and eventually you will cross the abyss and see your new self free from the chains of this drug.  Its gonna hurt.....its gonna be tough but it will get better.  Remember that awesome 80's classic rock song from the Rocky movie...…... "There's no easy way out....There's no shortcut home"