QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Nootropics to help with Fatigue!

Hey all. I have been trying to quit for about 5 months now.... and right now I am 24 days clean. This week I have been struggling EXTRA hard with fatigue and exhaustion no matter how much I sleep. I exercise regularly, eat extremely healthy. Those boxes are checked. I am planning to get blood work done soon to see if I have a nutritional deficiency that is causing the fatigue. 

In the meantime, I am in graduate school and barely able to get through my work. I am interested in taking supplements and I wonder if anyone has suggestions. A strange thing as of late is that caffeine actually makes me 10X more tired. I wondering if anyone has had the same problem? This could be due to my brain chemistry still trying to repair itself after years of Adderall use and abuse. I abused badly for only a few months, therefore I hope my recovery is somewhat quick. 

As for supplements and nootropics, these are the ones I am interested in: L-tyrosine, phenibut, phenylpiraetam, Centrophenoxine, and adrafinil, to name a few. 

Any and all suggestions are appreciated! 

21 hours ago, letsgetzooted said:

Hey all. I have been trying to quit for about 5 months now.... and right now I am 24 days clean. This week I have been struggling EXTRA hard with fatigue and exhaustion no matter how much I sleep. I exercise regularly, eat extremely healthy. Those boxes are checked. I am planning to get blood work done soon to see if I have a nutritional deficiency that is causing the fatigue. 

In the meantime, I am in graduate school and barely able to get through my work. I am interested in taking supplements and I wonder if anyone has suggestions. A strange thing as of late is that caffeine actually makes me 10X more tired. I wondering if anyone has had the same problem? This could be due to my brain chemistry still trying to repair itself after years of Adderall use and abuse. I abused badly for only a few months, therefore I hope my recovery is somewhat quick. 

As for supplements and nootropics, these are the ones I am interested in: L-tyrosine, phenibut, phenylpiraetam, Centrophenoxine, and adrafinil, to name a few. 

Any and all suggestions are appreciated! 

Here is what I can tell you on these specifically:

L-tyrosine: Is a precursor to Dopamine. Very subtle effects however I do believe it helps to take this 2x daily. Morning and lunch time. 

Phenibut: Is not good. It works on the gaba receptors and will have similar side effects of Benzo's when you try to stop. It is mainly used for sleep of bad anxiety. I'd avoid it due to the dependency issues. 

Phenylpiraetam & Adrafinil are both stimulants and somewhat similar to Modafinil.  Both have been used to treat ADHD and low energy. I found Adrafinil to make me jittery. I only slightly experimented with these. 

Centrophenoxine: Never tried this. Is an interesting one, I don't see as much harm in trying this one as it mainly works to increase acetylcholine for memory and cognitive boost. 

• Like 1

On 9/14/2020 at 10:07 AM, letsgetzooted said:

Thank you so much for the response. Are there any supplements you have liked that you might suggest?

At this point I only take L-tyrosine. I used to also take 5htp and intermittent mucuna pruriens. Plus a bunch of other things trial and error that didn't seem to help. All of theses I listed have subtle effects. Mucuna shouldn't be taken every day but maybe 3 days then 1 off. See if it helps after 2-3 weeks, if not no sense in taking these. On really bad days that I needed a boost I drank a Bang Energy drink once in awhile. Lots of caffeine and no sugar. Will get you thru a bad day or situation you don't have the energy for. I wouldn't recommend energy drinks for a daily thing, just mention it as it saved my ass on days I dragged so badly I would have lost work without the help. I'll see if I can think of anything else. Nootropics never helped me specifically however I can say a lot of reading had me convinced some would help but really didn't for me... I also feel like cutting back on sugar helped, whenever I had a lot of sugar I would crash hard. Eat healthy and try to exercise!

• 2 weeks later...

I tried Modafanil to have something when I quit vyvanse a few months ago..did absolutely nothing or me..it made me super tense and like i wanted to crawl out of my body..just not a good feeling AT ALL. it didn't even keep me awake. I would yawn hours after taking it and had no issues sleeping. For me, wellbutrin is the only thing that helps with a little bit of kratom. Kratom really helps me with my mood and i feel more positive. I don't take a lot because I did once accidentally (powder form) and I puked for like five hours..it was NOT fun. I only take 3 capsules in the morning and thats it. I tried different brands and I finally found the one I like the most...some others gave me weird side effects like arms falling asleep every time I laid down - i couldn't sleep for hours b/c my arms would fall asleep every 5 min. That is my combo of meds that has worked best for me. everyone is different..I don't drink or anything else. Hope this helps!