QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Love hate relationship with addy

Shady

It is really hard to get off, but so is staying on adderall. I had to get to the point where I realized I needed to choose the hard that was best for me long term. It doesn’t get better on adderall it just gets worse. It kind of lies to us and makes us believe we need it. We don’t. I was on for so many years...I lost myself as well. Finally free from this drug and it’s worth all the pain to get to where I am today. You can do this!

• Like 3

On 10/3/2020 at 0:48 PM, Shady said:

I envy people who can take their medication as prescribed and still feel the same effects as the first time they took it.

you're still glamorizing Adderall after all the super negative things it's done to your life?

here's the thing: no one gets to have "honeymoon Adderall" forever. it's a fact. you could perhaps make the argument that there are "true" ADHD'ers out there that require life long medication, but for those people, there was never a high to chase. for the rest of us, it is simply a matter of time till our tolerance outgrows the pleasure.

that being said, are you ready to really give this up? do you have support structures in place (financial, emotional, etc.)? what is your plan for the next couple of years?

• Like 2