QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Year Two Malaise

speedracer

I am deep into my second year with almost 16 months. Still having trouble with fatigue, clarity, motivation. I started taking Wellbutrin 3 weeks ago and got a bump in mood and productivity, but honestly, I had hoped it would do more for me. This last weekend I went to a covid funeral, saw some friends and family, and afterwards I was wiped out. I felt miserable for a couple of days.  I think it may have been a PAWS episode? I am feeling a little better today. sometimes I wish I could manage my life better. During the first year, I tried Keto diet for awhile, worked out a lot, and I think I was doing better. I gave that diet up months ago and I have been pouding Ben and Jerrys. So today I am  committing to give up the sugar and carbs once again, and I will also try to do a meditation daily. Just felt like sharing....Have a great day everyone. 

• Like 4

Hello Speedracer... I also have these types of symptoms, more around 16 months than now (3yrs) however I can tell you I still have days I fight the symptoms you describe. I am uncertain anymore if this is still symptoms of what adderall use did to my brain or if I was just predispositioned to have these symptoms which may have drawn me to Addy in the first place. Healthy eating, exercise and positive surroundings help a lot; negative thoughts seem to linger after quitting Addy for me. . We still need a little Ben and Jerrys once in awhile however it should be a weekly treat not a nightly necessity. I wish I have a magic answer but unfortunately all I can say we are all better off quitting Addy and slowly over time things do improve, just don't overthink the negative as it will bring you down longer. Take Care

• Like 3

22 hours ago, speedracer said:

I am deep into my second year with almost 16 months. Still having trouble with fatigue, clarity, motivation. I started taking Wellbutrin 3 weeks ago and got a bump in mood and productivity, but honestly, I had hoped it would do more for me. This last weekend I went to a covid funeral, saw some friends and family, and afterwards I was wiped out. I felt miserable for a couple of days.  I think it may have been a PAWS episode? I am feeling a little better today. sometimes I wish I could manage my life better. During the first year, I tried Keto diet for awhile, worked out a lot, and I think I was doing better. I gave that diet up months ago and I have been pouding Ben and Jerrys. So today I am  committing to give up the sugar and carbs once again, and I will also try to do a meditation daily. Just felt like sharing....Have a great day everyone. 

Hi Speedracer, 

I just hit 15 months and experience something similar whenever I have too much social interaction. Last week I went to a hike and then a winery with 2 friends. I didn’t drink anything because I’m trying to stay away from alcohol but we were together for the entire day. The next day I woke up feeling as if I had a terrible hangover. Totally drained, no energy, no motivation, felt terrible. This is not the first time this has happened to me and I notice it is always whenever I have to talk to people a lot. My brain can’t handle the extra effort lol. 

If anyone has any insight on when this gets better please share! :) 

• Like 4

On 10/6/2020 at 11:38 AM, JennyF said:

Hi Speedracer, 

I just hit 15 months and experience something similar whenever I have too much social interaction. Last week I went to a hike and then a winery with 2 friends. I didn’t drink anything because I’m trying to stay away from alcohol but we were together for the entire day. The next day I woke up feeling as if I had a terrible hangover. Totally drained, no energy, no motivation, felt terrible. This is not the first time this has happened to me and I notice it is always whenever I have to talk to people a lot. My brain can’t handle the extra effort lol. 

If anyone has any insight on when this gets better please share! :) 

No insight on when these things go away. Each of us have out own story and healing timeline. However what you shared really hits home. Social scenarios definitely bring on some unwelcome fatigue. The hiking may have also had something to do with it if you don't exercise regularly. I find anytime I take more than two weeks off of exercising when I go back to the gym it hits a pretty hard the next day. 

• Like 2