Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ruby

Pen Pal or Advice Please :/

3 posts in this topic

Hi! Hoping to find someone around/at the same part of their journey as me. I took adderall IR for 4 years and stopped around the middle of August. I’m really struggling with anhedonia, poor cognitive functioning, lack of motivation, and increasing appetite/bloating. I’d really appreciate any advice as I’ve been off for almost 3 months  and missing my adderall self a lot.

13 hours ago, Ruby said:

I’d really appreciate any advice as I’ve been off for almost 3 months  and missing my adderall self a lot.

maybe you just need a reminder of why you chose to quit in the first place? surely there were great reasons at the time, but the shittiness of the early recovery process can easily block or mask them. you say that you miss your "Adderall self", but I think what you really miss is not feeling like shit. there is a better version of you waiting on the other side of this journey - you just need to constantly remind yourself of that (:

1 person likes this

That's a wonderful way to look at it. I don't necessarily miss my 'Adderall self,' I just don't want to feel how I feel now. It's hard to trust/believe that I will feel even better once I heal since I haven't experienced that 'healed' self. Thank you :) 

1 person likes this