QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Ten Years Free

quit-once

Today marks ten years since quitting adderall.  I still have my last pill which is a burnt glob on a rock that I placed into a fire.  I look at it almost every day, grateful that I no longer have that awful habit.  I plan to throw it into the river to celebrate the ten years of my life after adderall.  I also quit nicotine about the same time.  I have my health, I have my freedom, I am enjoying life and I recently became retired.   I still use alcohol, smoke weed and drink coffee.  Alcohol will be the next habit which I give up, for health reasons, although I am not committed to full sobriety just yet.

If you are reading this post and thinking you might need to quit stimulants at some point in the future, I encourage you to plan your quit move on to a new life after the addiction.  I was encouraged by reading posts of people who successfully quit and moving on with their lives.  Quitting this drug is perhaps the most difficult challenge you will take on in life.  It is 100% worth the effort. 

• Like 4