QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Digestive issues and abusing adderall?? Problems/Effective solutions??

Freedom's Wings

Having abused adderall for the last 3years and having taken it overall for the last 6, it seems to have all but destroyed the natural digestive process and functioning- major bloating. Any1 else have/had these troubles? if so, for how long? and have you found any effective solutions??

as of now I am just over a month totally clear of Adderall and looking to get my life and health back together.

I welcome and Thank you for your responses.

Freedom's Wings

• 4 months later...

I registered just to answer your post. I have major adderall addiction issues that I'll explain in my own story thread, but I wanted to reply to your post. I believe adderall absolutely messes with you digestive system. For the last five+ I have struggled with 7-10 day episodes of abdominal bloating, horribly slow digestion, constipation, stomach pain, lethargy, and low mood. I used to get them every 8-12 weeks, but as of last month, it was every other week. I finally decided to get it figured out so I saw a gastro dr. and he me up with a colonoscopy, endoscopy, ultra-sound, ct scan, and multiple blood tests. All were normal and I was told to try some Metamucil. In my heart of hearts I know adderall is behind it. During the periods when I have run out of my monthly prescription of adderall, it gets better.

• Like 1