QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Was going to get a refill script today, but went to AA meetings instead

Edie

I made the first step. I will not get a refill. I went to 2 AA meetings today instead of the pharmacy and it was cathartic for me to let go and feel safe surrounded by people that won't judge me. I am going to a NA meeting tomorrow night since adderall and beer go hand in hand in my world. I must follow through and not use. Scripts gotta go...can't take this shit anymore. I want to feel, cry, laugh, and not shut myself off anymore. I may not know exactly what I have been hiding from all these years, but I know my soul is aching to be free of this weight I carry. One day at a time...one hour...one second if that's what it takes.z

Edie, this is huge and I am proud of you.

I am right behind you. I am up for refill next week and think I might replace it with a nice visit to NA. Adderall is ironically draining- emotionally, physically and mentally.

Talking with people about these things and being honest helps...it also motivates you and there's nothing better than talking about these sorts of things with people who are going through the same thing as well.

How did the meeting go?