QuittingAdderall.com Forums

After 7 years of adderall use, with a couple years of full-blown adderall binging, getting clean and staying clean is not a battle I'd wish on my worst enemy. It all starts by taking a little more here and there. It's not my place to say who's an addict or will become an addict, but you're playing with fire.

• Like 1

Someone on this site once remarked that the people who take adderall and don't get addicted don't really seem to care about the medication one way or another, and I've found that to be true. I've known people who take adderall that will give away half their prescription to friends each month, will forget to take it sometimes, and just don't really care if they take it or not. It's not a big deal to them.

If you need to wear a bracelet on your hand to remind yourself not to abuse adderall, you are not one of those people, my friend.

Here for encouragement, seconding the "here here" to both the preceding replies. Be extremely cautious, careful is not enough...and honestly neither is caution! Not only are you playing with fire but hell's fury once you've become engulfed into this world. I truly wish you well and good health my friend along with due diligence.

FW

Well, after more than 48 hours of no adderall, I have no discomfort. Yesterday, after reading some responses you've all given me, I gave the disclaimer (http://quittingadder...or-some-people/) another read. Today I read an interesting post about one user's yoga experience (http://forum.quittin...topic/649-yoga/) and I've realized this board is almost definitely not for me. But if, seven years down the line, I come back and tell you things have changed, I'll be able to say that my fears were well-founded, and it'll be a good anecdote to refer to when you want to say even low-dosage, regular old adderall users/non-abusers, are at risk. I called up a friend of mine who is a GP and he paraphrased something out of Fight Club, and said "on a long enough timeline, everyone's risk for everything increases." And I guess he's right, and my docs aren't evil. I feel horribly lucky--totally undeserving; I wish everyone's docs were as careful as mine so that people wouldn't suffer the consequences of improper medication. Opiates, benzos... all of these are carefully controlled, and they're not supposed to be handed out to every kid who wants a script. If all you docs out there would apply the same thinking to stimulants, boards like this wouldn't need to be around. Cheers for now I guess.

Thumbs,

This place is where people come to share experiences, express concern, thoughts or struggles with Adderall, not a place of judgement. We all have free will to not take Adderall, take Adderall..or whatever...your posts come off a little abrasive towards users who were just sharing their thoughts and opinions in response to your post. If Adderall is for you, that's okay. If it isn't, that's okay too.

The nature of this site is just to learn and share ideas...everybody is different...but you will find on this site that there are many similarities with most of us who self medicated and upped our dosages.

I don't think most doctors are "evil", but I will tell you this...Schedule II narcotics(amphetamine's classification) will always be abused...they are more abused than opiates actually. If these boards aren't for you, that's okay...this isn't something forced upon you...but there are people hear that will listen and give support/opinions whenever you need it. Maybe you are one of those lucky people who don't "need" Adderall...and if that's the case...pour the script the toilet. I used to be one of those people. I started adding 10mgs when I had an intense exam schedule in college. By the time I was 25..I was taking 60-80 mgs over my dosage. It all starts somewhere and I wish none of that upon you.

I wish you the very best.

• Like 2