QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Yoga

Kathleen

Has anyone tried this? I went to my first Yoga class and actually felt...really good. We focused on breathing and meditation...I slept like a rock though. There is no way in hell I'd be able to do this on Adderall...I actually felt at peace and relaxed. What are ya'lls thoughts on this?

• Like 1

No. I haven't... but plan to... post adderall that is. Ok so the funniest thing right, I.... actually WENT to a yoga class while tweaked out ON adderall. Needless to say....

yeah ok so... Yoga is not the place to be all yiked up on those pretty little persimmon "speed"ing bullets. Allow me to illustrate, during the class, I was so nervous and tense omg its hilarious looking back, now anyway! If anyone has ever seen the movie white chicks...cut to the scene where the black guy was incredibly high on the dance floor dancing like he was directing traffic while blowing a whistle that hung from his neck. Now cut and superimpose me into the role, except, change the setting into a yoga class and there you have my supposed to be calm and serene experience with Namaste Yoga while all doped up on adderall.

Still, If its any constellation.. at the time I thought I did wonderful! I was so focused that my poses were impeccable....although I am sure I forgot to breathe the entire time lmao..smh, oh The insanity of adderall. *tehehe* :huh::P

• Like 2

Thumbs,

I didnt say I was focused on doing the poses right. I said I was SO focused that It enabled me to do the poses right. 2 different things altogether. Either way I wasn't focused naturally, I hadn't naturally changed my OWN pattern of thinking and/or being....which Is my impression of what the class is all about. What I thought was me, wasn't and How present I felt I was being at that moment for me in hindsight I now recognize as being captivated by the "high," shackled by the allure of awe. Still, we all are different and have our own story. I wish you and whatever choices suit you the very best.

Also, Yoga wasn't what hindered my breathing. Overtime I came to notice from that time to time I would be holding my breath regardless of what I was doing whenever I took my adderall and found myself super entrenched in hyper focus mode. I would only notice this after "snapping back into it " once realizing I had been tuned/zoned/tweeked.. out for a sec...or few moments.

Nonetheless, I very much look forward to attempting yoga class once again, and this time off of adderall and of my own focus.

In any event IF you do find your way back to this site, may it be in good health and of good spirits.

F.W

Yoga has been very helpful for me. I did Bikram yoga for the first four months after quitting. It's the hot yoga - very intense. I went to a studio and I also did it at home using an itunes podcast. I just bought a pass for another studio because my Bikram yoga pass ran out and I want to try a different place for variety. I notice the difference in my mental state if I don't do any yoga for a week or so.

If you are interested in any yoga DVDs, I like Wai Lana and Sarah Ivanhoe as instructors. They used to have some good videos on Netflix streaming, but I just noticed they took them off :(

• Like 1

Yoga rocked. I felt at peace. I feel sore today...but that's the body saying that I was working some muscles I hadn't in awhile. Breathing is a problem on Adderall...You can't meditate when your heart is pumping out of your chest.

The whole thing I'm going for with Yoga is to continue to feel a peace. Thank you for yall's input...it's always appreciated;)

• Like 1

I went to my first class yesterday with my trainer at my gym. I had actually been to a few on adderall lol so I wasn't as clear headed surprise surprise.

It wore me out for a little bit but since it was beginners I wasn't as sore as I thought I would be. Hope you enjoy yours

Thanks to Cassie I took up Yoga this summer. Gentle Yoga, and I am the only male in a class of mostly middle-aged women at our community rec center. I have only been able to go about once a week, but WOW do I notice a difference in the way I feel all the way around. This is something I would like to continue doing for the long term. I would advise anybody doing frequent yoga to purchase a nice, thick yoga mat and a small pillow or cushion. I would have never even considered yoga beofre reading Cassie's posts and how yoga has helped her in the early stages of her recovery. Thanks, Cassie!

Thumbs: If you really want to enjoy taking adderall, this site is not for you on a regular basis. I applaud your observations of abusive behavior and I hope you can recognize that in yourself when your adderall use turns into drug abuse and a miserable addiction. Until then, enjoy your next dose!

InRecovery,

Is it possible that you are more subject to depression this time of the year? I remember exactly one year ago when we both were new here, and one of my first posts to you was responding to your depression and I suggested you go find a job, even if it was a bullshit job at McDonalds. I am more subject to depression in the winter season. I hope it gets better for you and don't forget about the Vitamin D and L-tyrosine.

Hey Quit-Once,

I'm better today, I hadnt gotten depressed like this, except when i was just quitting adderall. This past week, I spiraled i think because of depressive thinking, like how i was thinking and what i was saying to myself. I kind of was just overreacting, and things are not as bad as I thought. I did some more research on the net and my plans are not derailed or anything like i thought. slowly trying to pull myself out of this..

The important thing is that now that some time has past since i quit, my head has cleared up, I can begin with a fresh start. I got some things in the pipeline so i dont know we'll see..anyway, thanks for the response

I got a job lined up now which im looking forward to. havent hashed out the start date yet, I just keep thinking that this will be the first time in my life where i am working and not preoccupied with my adderall supply - not being afraid i wont have enough pills to get me through the day, and not calling out sick or taking long lunches for doctors visits and stuff and being paranoid of other people because ive overdosed on it.. Its a clean start...clear head. no 'double life' of being an addict all day. That sounds like a welcome relief..

• Like 1