QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Damn pills are stronger than me...

Edie

I relapsed this week on 20 IR's. I am so overwhelmed with emotions right now ranging from sadness to wanting to laugh out loud at myself for being so weak and lacking in healthy coping mechanisms. I am awake, acutely aware of my faults, and scared....this is painful.

im telling you, the best thing to do is flush them and notify your doctor that you don't want to take it at any cost. When i decided to quit and still had them in my room, it was like an evil calling me. When i flushed it, i felt a huge weight off my shoulder and i do not crave it. I crave the high but i know i will feel good soon without it.

Unod1a-

I know that is what needs to occur...I just feel so down and alone most of the time...I need to pull myself up, but how? I really am keeping this very simple in my head..I have no idea what I am doing..

Thanks for your advice and I have read some of your posts and I am glad you don't crave the pills..I know the cravings are so strong and starts up the obsessive thinking that leads to taking that one pill that sends you back to a living hell. I guess I like suffering...wtf?

Yea man feeling down is the absolute worst part. The first day for me was absolute shit and i went for a drive, second day i went for a run but it was still really shit and then the third day was allright. Yesterday was not too bad but i went for a good run, went poolside for a read but ended up falling asleep haha. But try to keep yourself occupied, that is the best thing you can do. It is so hard to get yourself motivated to do anything but after you get past that barrier and actually do something, it's not too bad. I also try to hang out with someone, any one. It's so funny now how i hang out with any one but before, i had just a few people i would chill with and excluded a lot of my friends but i can't do that now.

You say that you get so lonely and down, but i guarantee you it's not worse than the low you get when the addy is wearing off! That is what changed it for me, after it wore off, i was so damn depressed and i knew i did not ever want to feel like that again. Good luck man

The depression can be cured by taking L-Tyrosine. I like the GNC brand, 500 mg 2-3 times a day. It is the best "happy pill" I have ever found and I still take it when I get a blue mood. Hell, I am on it right now. Take it on empty or try it with a (sugar free) red bull for an extra kick.

Is that a natural pill?

No such thing as a natural pill - they are all made in some kind of a lab/pill factory, somewhere. LTyrosine is an amino acid. It is in chicken but you couldn't eat enough chicken to make you as happy as that one little pill can. Your body uses it to make more seratonin and dopamine, and that comes in handy when you're seratonin and dopamine have been depleted by heavy adderall use. Give it a try - you can buy it at any health food store.