Edie

Heading to rehab in the am

6 posts in this topic

I have tried on my own and I realize I am unable to kick my addictive behaviors and need help. With help from my counselor, accepting the help in my area, I will enter rehab for 28 days Thursday. I am excited to focus on me for the very first time in my life and learn the tools to cope with hardships rather than pop a pill, smoke, or knock the bottle back. I admit defeat, the drugs, my compulsive thoughts, and denial/anger won the last several years. However, for me, my girls, my career, and my husband (if it is meant to be) I choose health, prayer, sleep, exercise, and healthy tools to be in my heart, mind, and hands soon! I will miss my girls, but they want a happy Mommy that is rested and focused on them! Wish me luck...peace out

I'm so proud of you. I wish you nothing but the best and look forward to hearing how rehab goes for you. Please keep us posted whenever possible. I'll keep you in my thoughts!

Edie,

I am happy that you have made a great choice for yourself.

I hope that you not only kick the habits, but find inner peace and happiness. You've always been so supportive and kind to the people on these forums, especially me...and I want nothing but the best for you!

Edie, how do you feel about your decision to go to rehab? I'm very interested to know if you think it was worth it, and if you think it will be effective. I'm getting to the point where I think rehab might be the only way out and want to hear about your experience.

I sometimes think that I need to go myself. Other days I think I will be alright, but inside I know the drug has a hold on me. Good luck dear!