QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Hate being alone

Mrs79

I am only on day 2, however, i think the positive effects of adderall left me a long time ago. I have been on 30 mg xr daily for 6 years. I have never taken more than that in a day. I currently take wellbutrin and deplin as well as l tyrosine, fish oil, daily vitamins, and vitamin d. I am always very tired and well...sad. I feel like my current life was built upon how i was on adderall (when i was still in the "this drug is life changing stage"). I am a researcher and married to someone who works out of town for lengthy periods of time....these things were awesome on adderall and terrible off of it. I hate my job, i miss my husband and have no friends where i live. This sucks. Any similar stories out there?

• 8 months later...

Yes. II feel the same way. I know this post is old, but I saw it and immediately identified. I, however, have been exceeding my daily dosage for a little while now. I don't take any other medications or vitamins and go through a grueling cycle of overproductivity, then unbearable slumps. I am suffering from a similar environment, though. My husband is in the military and we just moved to a new state. I don't have a job yet and he takes the car to work, so I'm by myself literally all day, every day, until he comes home. Usually, he'll want to play video games or just unwind, and I feel like I just bombard him with my neediness, but it's really just that human contact I crave. My tendency to increase how much I was taking per day was an immediate (albeit, unwise) effort to help me forget how lonely I was every second of the day.

When I was on adderall it was the same thing. My fiance travels a lot for work. He is gone a week at a time every four to six weeks. When he left, I would take a bunch of adderall and retreat into my hole, going crazy on projects and stuff, then drink a ton by myself at night. It helped mask the loneliness and I even kind of looked forward to being able to drink and focus by myself.

When I quit taking adderall back in January, the first few times he traveled were AWFUL. I was so lonely and didn't have my old escape mechanism. I cried every day and called/texted incessantly. I even spent some nights at my mom's, who lives nearby, because I couldn't stand being alone. Now it's not quite as hard, but I still miss him A LOT when he leaves. Plus I work from home so it's like me alone in the house 24/7 unless I force myself to get out. Which I do a lot more now.

Overall I am SO much happier being off adderall even when he leaves, and my time alone now feels much more authentic. Sure I still get lonely but I do a better job of calling up friends to hang out and do activities after work, rather than retreating to the adderall-alcohol-ambien cycle every day. So if you are struggling, my advice is to stick with quitting and know that it gets better when you break through the other side.

• Like 1