QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Found something to get me over the hump

pkr

Hello everyone,

I'd recently discovered, thanks to Cassie, that during recovery our brains have sort of synchronization issues, and it is important to understand that this is just part of the healing process. She emphasized the importance of keeping yourself 'entertained' while nature does its job. (Thank you again for that!) I'd been surviving with exercise, Sam-E, B vitamins, fish oils, magnesium, vitamin D, and occasionally N-acetyl Cysteine, but I was very discouraged that the recovery seemed to be so haphazard. Cassie's posts kept me optimistic, thank goodness.

Recently, I added brain training exercises from Lumosity, and I have to tell you it has made a tremendous difference in a very short period of time. I've been fearful that I'd permanently damaged my memory, and when I started the training a week ago, I scored in the bottom 9th percentile for memory, attention and flexibilty. I've trained for about an hour a day every day, and I'm now in the 75th percentile. Obviously, as you learn the games you get better at them. However, it's tremendously comforting to see not only your own progress, but where you stand compared to others your age. I couldn't be too damaged if I'm scoring better than 74% of my peers a week into it. And my problem solving ability scored in the 95th percentile from the start--interestingly enough, I'd never been fearful I'd lost that. The game reflected exactly how I felt about my own functioning. Anyway, aside from the reassurance, I have to say that I'm 100% feeling the improvement it's making in my daily functioning. I'm definitely feeling sharper and more flexible in my thought processes, and the tendency I had to mentally wander off has diminished dramatically. Neuroplasticity is the answer here. We have to demand more from our brain and have the confidence that it will rise to the occasion.

I hope everyone is having more good days than bad days, and they have a free three day trial if anyone wants to check it out.

PKR

• Like 1