QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Earth to brain... hello brain...

namaste88

Hey all,

I have been clean since Aug 12th and have loved getting back into great shape, along with acting much less bi-polar around my friends since quitting. However I really think that my brain is on strike.

I just recently started an executive position at a finance firm, and my mental capacity to handle all the BS (being chained to a desk for 10 hours a day) has totally vanished.

Before Adderall and of course while on it, I could ride that desk like a pro, performing beyond admirably. It seems that my body has discovered some great secret (as obvious as it might be) that being outside in nature and moving around all day is beautiful! compared to being a desk jockey.

Has anyone out their had success adjusting back to the daily grind, and has anyone else faced intense depression caused by your soul wanting to run straight out the office doors and back into the active world?

Thanks,

Ryan

I can relate haha I recall being miserable at a job I had this summer where I had to sit at a computer forever. I also remember it getting better each day. I remember after a couple of months off of Adderall I sat and typed at a computer for 8 hours straight and was super proud of myself. Hang in there man!

I was the most depressed at work in months 2-4. I'd say around month 6 it became more bearable. I don't think you'll ever fully get used to or enjoy that particular job again (if you ever enjoyed it in the first place) because you know what it feels like to work there high. The best I can say it that the workday eventually starts going faster. Just try and detach yourself as much as you can from the actual work and look forward to things you can do after work and on the weekends.

Just to add, I'm 10 months off adderall and the workday now goes by as fast as it did on adderall. I'm just not high all day. I am more efficient as I don't hyperfocus on emails and other stupid shit. And I'm not anxious and paranoid around people which feels good. I'm finally confident enough with my non-speed work ethic that I'm beginning to look for a new job. Your confidence, motivation and work ethic are what takes the longest to come back, but it will happen if you give it time.