QuittingAdderall.com Forums

When will I be able to read again??

jennablu

You know ~ like get through a whole paragraph of a book etc.??? UGH, one of the things I loved about add was my ability to breeze through editing books etc. (I'm a photographer). Now I can barley read one tutorial and nothing really makes much sense or sticks.

I'm scared that I may never be able to produce good work again :-( (yes, I am a bit dramatic - but this is my biggest fear)!!

jennablu You will read again give us a little more information we will give you the support you are asking for there are a lot of X users on this web site with real answers to your question . How much are you or where you thanking and how many milligrams per day where you on if you quit adderall how long has it Ben sins you stopped taking this drug.

FALCON 30 days cllean today

Your attention span will most likely be really short for the first six months or so. I could barely read anything in the beginning either. Now at 10 months off adderall I'm ripping through 2-3 books a week. What a huge difference, even compared to a couple months ago. I'm sure this isn't what you want to hear, but you should know that it will probably take a year to feel normal again. I think you posted that you've tried quitting several times. Same here. I was only successful when I made a promise to myself quit for a year, then go back if I wanted. Looking back after 10 months, I can't believe how addicted I was. I would never go back to that prison. You don't need adderall to do anything, even if you don't know it yet.

• Like 1

Thanks guys! I always struggled with reading (prob. real ADHD) like getting tired soon after I started, or not retaining things but I did make it thru school ~ hee hee ;-)

I just can't read anything that is more then a quick paragraph. I get overwhelmed and super stressed and find myself popping up and wandering around.

Falcon ~ I was taking A LOT towards the end. probably at least 100mg a day (if not more). On it for 4 sold years - by year 2 taking 2 prescriptions and by year 3 buying from people plus taking my two prescriptions and it still wasn't enough.

Off almost a month.

Jennablu,

The feeling of not being able to read anything that takes more than a couple minutes was/ still is an issue for me 6.5 months later. I don't want to discourage you, everybody is different, but it is getting better. I used to get on this site soon after quitting, and if posts were more than a couple paragraphs, I felt overwhelmed....silly, but true.

I started back to school this semester (one class), and I'm taking classical sociological theory. Not one I should've probably jumped into newly into recovery. I flat out failed my first exam. I felt like I would read the material and couldn't comprehend it for the life of me. I would read it and feel like a minute later I couldn't tell you anything I just read. I took my second exam last week and went from a 56% on the first to an 84%. It felt amazing that I did it without adderall. I felt more proud of that exam than any other exam in my life. I'm rambling a little bit, but the ability to retain and focus, does come back. It's not easy, and it still makes me anxious, but it'll happen.

Ha ha Ashley, I had to read it 3 times before I replied! You can tell by my long reply response that I needed a nap afterwards ;-) At least my sense of humor is coming back - slowly! 5 days ago I wouldn't have gotten that you were joking - so sad!

Thanks to everyone for the support - is it time for another nap yet??

• Like 1