QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Which anti-depressant has worked best for you all?

Kyle_Chaos

I'm REALLY struggling with post-adderally depression the past few weeks, I'm really wondering when this black cloud is going to go away.

I'm thinking of trying to get on an anti-depressant until some of this subsides, I don't want something that changes me completely, just something to help me out for a little bit until my dopamine gets back up and running.

any suggestions?

Lexapro-couldn't have quit adderall without it. Tried quitting before and would get very depressed, didn't want to get out of bed. Lexapro lifted that cloud so I could function. You still feel like yourself on it and it's not hard to stop, so I think it's relatively safe in that aspect.

Wellbutrin is totally some sort of upper... It makes you thirsty, you lose your appetite just like on adderall, especially at first. I did like it though, made me chill the f out and relax a lot of my -ism's. Also, didn't mess with my stomach, which was nice.

I've been on Lexapro before, I might get on that for a little bit. it did make me feel stupid, but I found nearly everything hilarious and it was a nice break from being so serious and awkward all the time.

I've tried wellbutrin before, and it honestly just made me feel REALLY strange (it could be because I didn't have a dopamine deficiency at the time and now I do..)