QuittingAdderall.com Forums

has anyone returned to...

Kyle_Chaos

Kyle, I have thought a lot about that as well. It is scary to think how Adderall could have shaped our lives and influenced many of our major decisions in life. I am the same in many ways as when I took Adderall. I am still determined and study as much as I can, but everything is more balanced. I think the main thing Adderall did was allow me to have ambitious goals bc it allowed to to hide my insecurities. Without Adderall you have to man up. I am not sure where I would be right now if I never took Adderall, but I would like to say I would be heading in the same direction, if not even further down the way. Anyways, I think we change and mature regardless, but it is unsure how much Adderall has an effect.

• Like 1

Most people say it takes a year to feel normal again. I've heard this from adderall and meth users, and it's also been true from my experience (10 mths clean, feel almost normal again).

I'm starting to feel slightly more normal, I feel "out of it" a lot...but then again, I've always been lost in thought and out of it a lot period.

Life is boring, why not be somewhere else mentally?

:P

Interesting topic question, Kylechaos. I suspect the answer is no for most people. Highonlife said it best in one of his responses: "that we change and mature regardless". Time, relationships and life experiences will always add maturity to our personalities. Hopefully one thing that will never be the same for any of us is our wreckless irregard for the power of addiction and addictive substances that got us hooked on adderall in the first place. When I was in high school (back in the 70's) they taught us that amphetamines were addictive drugs. I knew this and still chose to take those pills and persue my adderall addiction. I thought there would be some kind of magic cure for getting off the shit when I was ready to quit. Haha.

I feel like I am better off for having experienced a true addiction because I can relate to all the people who are still addicted to anything. I feel their pain. I know how hard it was to quit. I understand that some people just can't quit or don't want to quit because they truly enjoy being addicted to something or using a substance they believe gives them satisfaction and relief.

I feel like I am a stronger person for conquering amphetamines and cigarettes. Even if I don't live any longer I will live better being free of addiction.

So to answer your question, kylechaos, I have not returned to exactly the same person I was ten years ago before I met adderall, and I don't think I ever will. But that is not a bad thing because I have grown and matured during that time. On the other hand, I do feel that my basic personality is relatively unchanged...I was an ISTJ and I suspect I still am. The same things that "did it" for me before adderall still work today.

Interesting topic question, Kylechaos. I suspect the answer is no for most people. Highonlife said it best in one of his responses: "that we change and mature regardless". Time, relationships and life experiences will always add maturity to our personalities. Hopefully one thing that will never be the same for any of us is our wreckless irregard for the power of addiction and addictive substances that got us hooked on adderall in the first place. When I was in high school (back in the 70's) they taught us that amphetamines were addictive drugs. I knew this and still chose to take those pills and persue my adderall addiction. I thought there would be some kind of magic cure for getting off the shit when I was ready to quit. Haha.

I feel like I am better off for having experienced a true addiction because I can relate to all the people who are still addicted to anything. I feel their pain. I know how hard it was to quit. I understand that some people just can't quit or don't want to quit because they truly enjoy being addicted to something or using a substance they believe gives them satisfaction and relief.

I feel like I am a stronger person for conquering amphetamines and cigarettes. Even if I don't live any longer I will live better being free of addiction.

So to answer your question, kylechaos, I have not returned to exactly the same person I was ten years ago before I met adderall, and I don't think I ever will. But that is not a bad thing because I have grown and matured during that time. On the other hand, I do feel that my basic personality is relatively unchanged...I was an ISTJ and I suspect I still am. The same things that "did it" for me before adderall still work today.

Great response, yes.. as an INTJ..I think maybe INTJ/ISTJ are high ranking in the types more prone to abuse sustances.

Yes, I can feel "me" coming back on a daily basis and it's fantastic!