QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Hey Tom-

It is really cool that you keep this post updated on the progress of your recovery. It is exactly what somebody considering quitting adderall needs to read - that their life will, indeed, get better after quitting.

I find it interesting how many of us who successfully quit have taken up some kind of activity and gotten ourselves in better shape. Like you, I believe I am in the best physical condition I have ever been in, largely due to kicking the adderall and also the cigs.

here is to Everyone's good health......cheers!

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Wassup y'all?

I haven't taken an adderall in 27 months... How bout them apples? Here is a new and fantastic update as well: I haven't had a drink in 42 days. I finally realized that drinking was also a problem of mine. As far as addictions go, it was my "final frontier." I took my last drink on 2/2/15, attended my first AA meeting on 2/5/15, and today I feel better than I have in years. I finally realized I had replaced all of my other substance abuse problems with booze, and now I can admit I'm an alcoholic. I have been going to one aa meeting a week for over a month, and it is one of the best decisions I have ever made. I am now truly sober, and I wouldn't change it for the world.

I have to stay vigilant though. I go to church every Sunday, I try to pray everyday, and I have replaced drinking with exercising and working harder at my career. I have stopped looking for the woman of my dreams. I am finally happy with myself, and I am exploring and enjoying that right now. The feeling of true self-respect and self-love is so new to me, that I just want to savor it for awhile. When the right lady enters my life, it will be time, because I finally love the face that looks back at me in the mirror everyday.

Quitting adderall was just the beginning of my total recovery, but it was a ginormous first step. I will be in Recovery for the rest of my life, but I am ready to enjoy learning about who I really am, and growing with God. I am finally free from everything: booze, addy, weed, pills, etc. like I said, I am truly sober, and have been for 42 days. I would be naive to say that I won, the fight is far from over... I know temptations lurk around every corner, so I have to "win" every single day.

One day at a time, my friends, one day at a time...

I love you guys. If I ever need inspiration, this is one resource I turn to.

Thanks y'all! Have a fantastic Tuesday! March madness starts this week! Woo hoo!

• Like 3

• 11 months later...

Hello QA World!!!!! It's me, startingover3... and I don't know why, but I felt the need to update this account... maybe to let everyone know that NO, I have not died... NO, I have not relapsed.... and NO, I am no longer single... :) :) :0)

Get this... I am ALMOST 3 and a half years clean from Adderall... Looking back at old posts, I noticed a pattern... I thought I had life figured out... Boy was I wrong. We do that as humans almost all the time, don't we? We say "This is it. I have life down now, I don't need to work at anything! I have arrived! My life is finally perfect!" And then BOOM! Something goes haywire, and we're left with pieces of our perfect life scattered all over the floor. And we're left scratching our heads, wondering "What the hell just happened?"

Get this, I do not have life figured out, not at all... BUT, I finally know what has been missing all these years: Jesus. Christ saved my life, and I am 229 days sober!!! COMPLETELY SOBER: No Booze, No Addy, No Weed, no nothing... just caffeine... which I am also contemplating on ditching. I am in the Word of God everyday, and in prayer everyday, and in meditation almost every day. I have a new job that I have been working at for 7 months, AND.... (Get this) got offered a job out of nowhere just recently, that I accepted, and will be starting this summer... I will be the director of high school ministry at my church! Are you kidding me!? I just went back and read all of my updates, and while I did make some progress in life, nothing compares to the changes that have occurred over the past 7 months, and there is one HUGE change that has been present in these recent months: Jesus Christ.

My girlfriend and I do not have sex, we are both committed to living a life after Christ's own heart. We both have made Christ the number one priority in our individual lives. She has actually had a relationship with Christ for awhile... I am just so lucky and blessed that Jesus allowed my life to blend with hers. We have been dating for almost 5 months, and it has been so fulfilling. I never knew I could love someone like this, and have a healthy relationship, and it is because of Christ! Christ wiped all of my shame away, all of my guilt, and continues to teach me about unconditional love. A love so strong and pure that it is hard to put into words. I could go on for days about how Christ saved my life, and about how living for Him everyday takes you to places you never thought possible.. Message me if you want more information on my testimony in Christ... it is hard to explain, but I will do my best if you would like to know more.

SO, in closing... God is good... man, is that an understatement... I love all of you, and my life over the past 40 months has been so wild... thanks for being an awesome place to vent, get all of my thoughts out there, and for being so positive! Christ can change you from the inside out, and you will have eternity in paradise to look forward to. See, we never arrive, we only grow and change to look more and more like Christ every day. And He is the God of backsliders, we all fall short and slip all the time, but He invites us to repent, and to turn our failures in this life into fertilizer for our life's successes. Man, I love God, and He loves you, more than we will ever know...

Thanks for listening guys... Here's to many more sober days... 229 so far, I can't really even believe that it's real. Thank you all, and God bless!!!!

Tom

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Hello peeps!

wow... just wow. I am... hmm, let's see... going on 5 years without adderall. Haha wow. I just read this entire thread, and I am blown away by God's goodness. I am also over two years completely clean and sober from alcohol. I am in utter awe of Jesus' power, love, and grace.

As I lie here in my bed, next to my wife of two months, I can't help but be overwhelmed by the minstry going on over this website. People's lives transforming because of connections they're making, right here! It's incredible. 

I love all of you so much, and want to encourage you. Give your life to Jesus. Just turn it over, and see what He does. You don't have to clean up your act one bit, just go to Him, and let Him go to work. It's like going Home. 

Continue to fight. Continue to motivate. Continue to love. 

Blessings,

Tom

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I really don’t know how I randomly remember this thread, but I’m sure glad I do. It’s so amazing to read thru the entire thing every now and again. It’s really good to never forget the hell we all came from. 

This Saturday marks 5 years clean and sober from alcohol, and I am going on 8 years clean and sober from adderall. My wife and I have a 19 month old daughter, and will have our second daughter on August 22! Wow...

It’s hard to put into words what this journey has truly been like... I’m almost in tears right now typing this update. I really hope my absence from this thread lately didn’t lead to someone losing hope. I have been walking with Jesus for over 5 years, and He’s incredible. I died to myself, and was reborn in Christ. Every good and perfect gift I have is from Him. 

I hope and pray that you (addict) can read this thread in its entirety and know that true Hope does exist, and it exists for the worst of the worst and the lowest of the low. If God can save me and do what He has done for me, there is abundant Hope for you, my friend. I am walking in the Light, the Truth, and the Truth has set me free. If you want to discuss more, or have someone to vent to, email me at tdc3333@hotmail.com

I love you all so, so much. What a ride this has been. If you’re in Christ, I will see you in heaven, baby! Peace out...

Tom

• Like 1