QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Need help, Different drug.

molly1234

Hey all,

First of all this site is amazing! I have been looking for something that helps you get off these drugs for awhile, I was so grateful to come across it.

I am on DEXEDRINE, cant find anything similar to this site for help quitting so my hopes are since they are similar that you guys can help me.

I have a really addictive personality, I am a recovering alcoholic.

No doubt i got addicted to these, it seemed to blind side me.DENIAL.

Is there anyone else out there that has an addictive personality as well?I started abusing my medication almost instantly,love at first site, finally i could do the things i wanted to do, focus,read creative etc. Now it stopped working, and I moved straight from alcoholism to dexedrine addiction, i want to get off but i dont know if i should go cold turkey, weaning seems hard especially bc i didnt always abuse it and i dont want to start the cycle over again.

I have been on it for a year and a half and have taken between 10mg per day to 30 mg now for the last bit up to 60mg.

I am new into recovery from alcoholism again.

Anyways any help would be really helpful,

Sorry i didnt know where else to go for this help,

molly1234

HI welcome to our little club you found the Wright web sit it’s the best one out there .I cannot give you advice on how to get off Dexedrine I am not familiar with this drug I know with adderal you can get off by cold turkey ther is no health risks jest some really bad shitty withdraw symptoms. Some drugs you need to taper off in order to prevent seejers .So my advice to you is do a little more research on the computer on how to quit methods from Dexedrine. I sure do not want to give you the wrong information and jeopardize your health another option is talk to your doctor and ask there advice on how to quit using this drug or maybe some of our members have some experience with Dexedrine and they can give you some more direction. Our members are her to support you in your recovery that’s for sure keep reading your post dally maybe one of our members can answer your question better then I can your new friend and dont be sarry we are her to help each ather FALCON

You came to the right place. I refer to all prescription amphetamines as Adderall, kind of like some people call all brands of soda 'Coke.' Adderall, Dexedrine, and Vyvanse are all amphetamines and can be used and abused interchangably. Ritalin has a slightly different chemical action (it's similar to cocaine) but also in the same class of drugs, stimulants. I was on Adderall, then Vyvanse.

Dexedrine = dextroamphetamine

Adderall = dextroamphetamine + amphetamine

Vyvanse = lisdexamfetamine which converts to dextroamphetamine in the stomach.