QuittingAdderall.com Forums

might be time to quit & need help/support

rka3921

i started taking adderall nearly 5 years ago (when i was a senior in high school). i'm now a college graduate who is currently taking 50 mg vyvanse daily.

for a few years, i've wished i didn't "need" stimulants to get by. i desperatly envy my friends, family, coworkers, etc. who are successful and productive yet don't take adderall/vyvanse. however, even with my medication, i still feel inadequate...although i did go to a challenging well-known/highly ranked university, i could only keep up with about a B average, yet i was surrounded by overachievers who weren't taking the medication i was and were able to get much better grades. i usually just take my daily 50 mg each day (at times i'll take a bit more if it's a super stressful/busy day, but never more than 70 mg), and i guess my body has adjusted to the dosage in terms of how it affects my weight, so i'm at a "normal" weight...by no means super skinny or anything. at my current job, even by the end of the day on my normal dosage, i even feel like the vyvanse effects have worn off and can be extremely unproductive.

it's tough to so desperately want to be off of this medication but due to the inadequacies i still feel even when i'm taking it, i'm terrified of facing what seems like the extreme challenge of quitting it. first and foremost, i have a great job now that i love but i'm scared of trying to quit and becoming completely unproductive, not being able to manage my job responsibilities well, and losing it this job or something. also, even though i'm currently taking vyvanse, i'm still not at all pleased with my weight...but scared if i go off of it i will struggle even more greatly with binge eating and gain a ton of weight. not only that, i have add, depression, and anxiety (i do take daily anti-depressants and anxiety meds as needed, though)...and i'm so scared how quitting vyvanse might affect my moods.

so i've been wanting to quit but haven't been able to bring myself to do it...especially because it's so easy to keep getting my prescriptions filled and all. i wish i just had 2 weeks where i didn't have work and stuff to deal with getting out of my system, but, unfortunately, that's impossible. however, it turns out i might be forced to quit this week...i moved to a different city for work after i graduated, and for now my mom has been filling my prescriptions and mailing them to me. she shipped my meds early last week priority mail, and they should have arrived by now....but they haven't. which has me concerned that perhaps the package was intercepted, lost, or stolen..and i only have 2 pills left.

i'm terrified. i know this might be exactly what i need but i'm worried how much of a negative affect this may have on so many aspects of my life. if anyone could provide advice, suggestions, encouragement, tips, or anything (especially on how to survive through workdays & not eat everything in sight), i would GREATLY appreciate it.

rka3921

Hello friend every one has there natural abilities don’t compare your self with anther peoples accomplishments or there expectations for your success. You are ho you are jest do the best you can out in the work force don’t try to keep up with the joneses it will only destroy your soul .Do your best that you can that’s all that’s expected of you it’s the only thing you can control the rest is how your weird and your capacity to achieve without the use of a stimulant yes its scary to quit speed the speed has bin your friend for so many years its like part of you by now we all understand this the longer you are on this drug the less effect it will have for you. Your probably feeling the negative effects of long term usage by now or you would not found this web site you are searching out for some answers well its your lucky day because if your really ready to quit using vyvanse

you came to the right place we can be your support if you need us our advanced members have bin there don that so you are in good company .Your mind needs to be set in the quitting mode look at you today you are full of anxiety waiting for the post man to deliver your drugs is this how you want to live . You need to wait for a little brake from work maybe a long weekend will do so you can crash and withdraw if your ready for it there are so many great articles on the web site and a lot of good people with some good experience in quitting addiction to speed.

Your friend FALCON