QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Unprescribed User

tjtigers14

I cannot imagine the hell that some of you folks went through when quitting after taking it daily, you deserve mad props for that and even those of you that are trying.

I have been taking it recreationally for a while and it definitely improved my grades. But screw this artificial motivation, I am losing weight absurdly fast, my eyes feel sunken in, days without taking it are full of crashes and even less motivation than before and it's messing up my relationships with friends and family. Anyone prescribed to it must have experienced one hell of a life...literally.

Anyway, my adderall semester this year was the only good semester of school since my junior year of high school 3 years ago. I need to find motivation besides this magical smart drug and here's what I've come up with:

1. Stop smoking cannabis

2. 8 hours of sleep

3. Healthy diet

4. Jogs and bike rides

Of course I came up with those while addied up...I'm going to think it's stupid tomorrow. Sigh...any ideas to revitalize my life without this stupid fucking devil amphetamine?

1. Stop smoking cannabis

2. 8 hours of sleep

3. Healthy diet

4. Jogs and bike rides

Any ideas to revitalize my life without this stupid fucking devil amphetamine?

Hey tjtigers14!

Two ideas:

5. Stick to those 4 things you outlined at all costs, even when you lose passion for them.

6. Lighten your classload a little until you figure out how to work without Adderall. ;)

(it's like learning to work all over again...you have to develop all new tricks to outsmart your own laziness)

yo Tiger,

Sounds like we're in a similar boat. Almost ready to quit..knowing we MUST quit..having a good awareness of the necessary tough changes to make..other drugs in the mix...nearly ready to take a jump into the splendid UNKNOWN.

I found this site a few months ago (and even though i've gone back to the pills a few times, when i really should have known better) - i think just staying in contact and reading the wisdom on here regularly is an excellent 'gentle first step'.

I think Mike is spot on - PERSISTING with those simple healthy lifestyle changes for several months is the really Big One.

A friend once told me "the more you DO, the more energy you will have". By all means be gentle with your non-adderall self at first but what i mean is, that despite the apparent paradox, giving your body plenty to do (jogging, swimming, stretching) will eventually pay you back with more energy & clarity. It may be weeks or months, i don't know. But I try to keep this faith.

Also, make time to consider your real passions and dreams. Especially if you are unsure about what they are, or if they've been neglected in your life so far.

trey