QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Fighting a losing battle

Workingthroughit

I feel like my battle with adderall is one I can't win. It's been over 6 years now since I started, and that time is almost like a blur. There is no question that these 6 years have been the most productive of my life; at the same time I know what I'm doing is having adverse affects on my body. I feel like I'm going to die young; at the same time I know I cannot acheive the levels of professional success I've had so far without it. I look back on final exams my senior year in college, when someone gave me that first pill, and I curse that moment. I then curse the moment when I duped my PCP in to writing me a script because I knew it would give me the "edge" in law school. It certainly did. But now I can't get off of it. I take one 20mg XR every work day- usually 6 days a week. I cannot function creatively without it. I tried to today, and it was a complete failure. I can't wait to get a good night's sleep and pop one first thing in the morning with a big cup of coffee to get things going again. I know it's a problem when I need this pill to work. But I feel like I'll never be enough without it. Obviously quitting cold turkey isn't going to happen. Can anyone provide me with a blueprint to get off of this for good? Thank you.

Workingthroughit

There are no health effects going cold turkey you are not on a very high does read some post on the web site you will be amazed on the amount of adderall people where taking and they went off the shit cold turkey so I see no reason why you cant do it. Yes you are addicted after 6years of using adderall it has become your friend .I now the feeling you get when you feel like your life will be shortened by the use of this soul sucking drug .You need to make your mind up one day soon to go cold turkey you will feel like shit for 5 to 7 days you will be tierd and sleep a lot and be hungry butt luckily no Ill effects will happen to you from not taking adder all you jest feel shity. I was a heavy user and long time addict 90 milligrams a day for a long time if I can do it I know at 20 xr a day you should have no problem getting off the shit. I am 60 days clean now and I still have about 60 pills on my night stand I hit rock bottom and had no choice butt to quit adderall xanax and alcahol .

So my brother don’t hit bottom like I did get clean before adderall rubs your soul the longer you are on the shit your tolerance level goes up and you will need more of the drug to get you thru your day maybe you are experiencing this effect now anyhow good luck we are here for you if you need the support your friend FALCON Keep use posted

I was kind of thinking like I think quit-once is thinking.... I'm not convinced adderall is inherently bad, some people probably benefit from it. If you're taking it as directed and not abusing it, then maybe you're one of those people that benefits from it. I can understand wanting to not be dependent on it... or anything for that matter. But some people benefit from crutches, wheel chairs, eye glasses, etc... some people benefit from medications- certainly schizophrenics would like to be drug free, and I think it's common for people to do well on their meds, and think they're cured, stop taking them, and then go off the deep end... not trying to draw a link between you and that scenario, just giving an extreme example...

Can you explain a bit more about why you want to stop? Are you abusing it or taking it as directed?