QuittingAdderall.com Forums

seven days clean & mentally falling off :(

Lucky

Scatter brain post #2:

I'm almost 8 days adderrall free and while I feel a bit of accomplishment I'm starting to feel more and more like going back on it for a bit. I know its awful thoughts but they are hard to beat. Since I quit I've gained 8 lbs, I look and feel horrible, or maybe I just feel horrible I'm not sure. I can't seem to get my head together to go job hunting which should be a priority right now. I have no energy, no motivation and while I want to do so much I've lost my drive and competitive edge. I want the old me back, the one that got shit done and fit into nice clothes. I'm getting frustrated and wondering if I should quit after I finish my job training classes and actually get a job. I know there's no such thing as a convenient time to quit though. I know that being dependent comes with an anti social personalility, along with anxiety and joint problems, but I'm having such a hard time weighing out the outcome. I'm so tired and depressed, can't concentrate or learn anything new. Since I quit I just feel fat and useless. I'm trying to hang in there. I'm just curious to know what other people are doing to combat depression and curb hunger which has become a huge problem since I stopped taking my meds. I drink yerba mate tea to concentrate but so far not working much.

On a better note I want to thank everyone on here for sharing and thank the creator of his site. Also I know this post sounds whiney and boring as fuck but I just want to say thankyou for reading & any wisdom or fedback is appreciated because I don't have real friends anymore & my mom gave up on me as far as hope for getting out of my depression she doesn't understand it like I'm a lost cause or something.

I have a couple of quick thoughts for you. You have actually picked the best time to quit because you are between jobs. If you were to start a new job and then quit adderall you would not make it in your new job very long without either relapsing or getting fired. If you started a new job while in adderall recovery, your improvement and growth during adderall recovery would correspond to the growth and improvement in your new job. You might want to wait a few weeks if you can to start looking for a good job and take a low-pay bullshit job (if you are broke and need the money) until you begin to notice your own mental improvement and get better physical drive. The biggest mistake you could make is to go back on adderall, find a great job, and then either realize 1)you can't quit so there goes another two years or more of your life on adderall; or 2) find a great job, quit adderall, and not make it because the person who is on adderall is different than your real self. Adderall recovery lasted about a year for me.

Regarding your weight, do whatever you can not to eat or drink fat-making foods like sugars and starches. I gained 15-20 lbs after I quit and then lost 25 lbs the following summer.

Quitting adderall is an event. Adderall recovery is a long, slow and painful process.

• Like 2

Hey Lucky,

Personally, I think it's better to quit Adderall when you have a job. When you have somewhere to go every day, it immediately establishes a routine and gets you used to that routine more quickly. Plus it regulates your sleep schedule because you have to wake up at the same time every day - you can't just sleep till noon and have your sleep patterms get all out of whack. Even though it sucked to work after I quit because I felt like shit all the time, I think it helped me recover faster because I was forced to relearn how to work from the get go. Plus I was around people every day. The worst thing for your mental health is sitting home alone every day, isolated from people, with nothing to take your mind off of Adderall.

You're not going to be motivated to look for jobs off of Adderall, and you're deluded if you think you're going to be recovered from drug addiction after 8 days! It took me three months before I was even out of the physical withdrawal, let alone psychological. My weight gain peaked at three months too. I started to lose it after that. When I got a new job three years ago, what I wish I would have done is quit Adderall a few weeks before I started the job. That way I would have established a work routine off Adderall from day one, and the adrenaline and nervous excitement from starting a new job would have dampened some of the post Adderall depression. In hindsight, that would have been the best quitting scenario. But like you said, there's never a convenient time to quit, so if you're already eight days into it and you can keep going, then do that. Just don't expect any intrinsic motivation for awhile. If you need to look for jobs, you have to figure out a way to do it in the absence of motivation and energy. Then once you get a job, the excitement of starting will help the motivation and depression. I hope this helps a little.

Cassie

• Like 3

Hi lucky don’t even go there girlfriend 8 days is a big accomplishment you may not think so at the monument butt you are doing fantastic all your symptoms are normal that your going thru tierd hungry depression all part off the withdraw processes .Please don’t waste the 8 hared ernd days you invested in quitting adderall. You will kick your self in the ass if you start using again the two last post gave you some good advice cassie and guitonce are advents members they have bin thru the presses longer then I have. I am 61 days clean myself its not a long time I know .

The hardest part for me is the depression and mescal aces I know what your feeling all I can tell you don’t give in you are jest about over the hump with the major part of the withdraw presses 7 to 10 days trust me every day will get better for you . Your mom means will see is jest trying to help in her own way I hate when people tell you jest snap out of your depression essayer said then don right. I have suffered from legitimate depression all my adult life lucky you may need to be on a antidepressant on a temporary basses if your depression worsens or if its disrupting your ability to function .

Get strong girlfriend you are almost at home bass.

Your friend FALCON

• Like 2

yeah you gotta remember that ITS NOT GOING TO BE EASY OR FUN OR A WALK IN THE PARK....

its gonna be hard, but the longer you go, the easier and easier it gets.... and your brain is going to mess with you and think up all sorts of really great reasons to just take it and put it off till tomorrow and bla bla bla bla bla bla bla, that's the addiction-- if you learn to not give in to it, consciously change your thoughts to something else, and let it pass, it will pass.... derail that thought train. and eat, and get healthy, don't eat a bunch of shit, eat good food. watch inspiring movies. get out and keep your mind and body busy if you can stand it. and keep checking back in on here, share your story with other people who come here seeking help and advise.... stay connected to the people around here who have some time under their belt....

• Like 1