QuittingAdderall.com Forums

I did it!!!

LILTEX41

All,

I really doubt anybody cares, but I am SO excited by my accomplishment I just had to share. I finally just got off seroquel and lamictal. I've been on these drugs for the past 4 months (along with being adderall free) and they did the polar opposite of what adderall did. Now that I am clean and free of them I have energy back....FINALLY! I thought my issue was that I was just sheer screwed without adderall. I am here to tell everyone that is not the case!! I am just as capable off adderall as I was on it, it just takes a little more required effort/motivation. The reward is that I know I achieved the same end result, but that it was all my own doing. Yay!

Why do I bring this cleaning project up? Well, not only am I proud of what I've achieved, but I can't believe the difference in the way I feel. I was always spotless on adderall. These past 4 months my apartment has become a dishoveled mess. I remember hearing that a disorganized environment leads to a disorganized mind or something of that nature. Anyhow, I think it is especially important for anyone with ADD to be as organized as possible. I can't seem to think straight when I look around and see clutter. Today, I'm going to take it one step further and clean out my kitchen and bathroom shelves. This is not exactly the way I dreamed of spending my days off, but I know for sure that the next month will be total bliss once everything is in perfect order.

Oh yeah, and the shortcuts I used yesterday was 1. Made a list of everything I needed to do and buy to get organized (bought and assembled a shelving unit and storage bins) and 2. Told my friend I'd send before and after pics that night as my motivating factor (which I did).

I think I'll post pics on this topic later and use that to motivate me today. Wish me luck!!

• Like 1

Lil, I can relate to that in a big way. Definitely. Pleasing geometry and shapes or arrangements have a big effect on my mood. Adderall tends to fill my space with clutter - so many many notes and ideas to try "some day"...clutter is awful either in physical space or the mind i find..

• 4 years later...

I was also put on seroquel and lamictal for about a three month period of time and hated it. More like a tranquilizer than a mood stabilizer. Off all meds now except for brintillex (antidepressant) which doesnt seem to do a damn thing, but figured I should stay on it for atleast a lil while since I'm only 14 days clean from adderral.

• Like 1