QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Friend had some heart abnormalities

Corey

Hey guys, my friend, who was admittedly taking a higher dose than I ever was (60 mg daily over 3+ years) had a prolongated heart beat appear during an EKG she had administered at some point a week or so ago after taking adderall and not eating. She's since quit (yay) but is freaking out and thinking that adderall has permanently damaged her heart or something. She's wearing a heart monitor for a day so the doctors can try to determine why the prolongated heart beat happened (apparently it's very uncommon for there to be "misreadings" of this) and has convinced herself that she has Long QT Syndrome and is now having a lot of anxiety over it. Towards the end of my own use of adderall and for a while afterwards, I was having some weird rapid heartbeat stuff (that I then would have a ton of anxiety and feelings of helplessness over), but it's since gone away. Could anyone here shed some light on what's happening to my friend that would (hopefully) alleviate her concerns?

I had the same EKG heart problem when I was using adderall. And I also had to wear that monitor for the day. All the rapid heartbeat stuff is caused by adderall.

Another side effect from adderall is high blood pressure. I had to take meds to lower my blood pressure. But now that im clean, my blood pressure is normal and i dont need meds to deal with it.

It will all go away now that she's stopped the adderall and dealing with it.

• 3 weeks later...

I have crazy high blood pressure, that's why I go to mental health appts. Vs primary care because they don't examine you and take a b.p. I have shown up as having an enlarged heart...not sure how much I have yet to get to the cardiologist. I have a huge tolerance for this stuff and my body didnt forget this time out either. I had been told make sure one of your kids can dial 911, its not a matter of if, its a matter of when.