QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Progress!

Defunct

Just thought I'd update you a bit - I think I may be using this forum a bit more than I should because I always see "Goldman" has replied to all the posts and think, "wow, there's a person with too much time on their hands". So my apologies for that, you just don't have any idea how useful this has been to me.

Anyway, I have made some good strides this week I think. Here's a list (not to remind you of adderall lists which I keep finding in notebooks all over the place and they make no sense at all, things like, "sort out..." [and nothing after that]).

1. Attended first Pills Anonymous session. There were only 3 of us there, but it was good. Feeling not alone is the best feeling in the world.

2. Put resume together

3. Spent a day working with a friend at her non profit, sorting out some of their ordering and supply issues. Felt good to do something for someone else... the whole time I was on adderall I didn't think twice about it as I always put my own work first

4. Did all the laundry. This is quite an accomplishment!

5. Cleaned out the fridge

6. Went to the gym twice and a run once (I hate exercising and feel pretty crappy about the weight I've gained recently so this was a big challenge)

Not bad, huh? I'm pretty exhausted today but I'm reminded of some of the things I've read here about taking it one day at a time and taking the time you need.

Goldman,

You got a lot accomplished. Good for you. Exercise is excellent, especially for my sanity and energy, in recovery. Now if I can just get myself to stick to it!

I don't have much to say, except don't stop posting! Keep it up and use this site as your lifeline...congrats on quitting!

• Like 1

Goldman my brother you have noting to apologize for your post are very important to the content of this forum. I personally enjoy listing to your great progress you accomplished off of the evil fucket up adderall you are doing fantastic post as much as you need to if it helps you in your recovery that’s what this forum is all about supporting each other that’s the main objective here. With out this forum for quitting adderall. I could not have quit using the shit its bin a life safer for me I hit bottom very hard and would probably be 6 feet under by now without this web site.

Your friend FALCON CLEAN for 80 days now

Thanks, Falcon. I hope Mike or whoever created this site still reads it - it is a very real source of comfort for me, too.

Ashley: Apparently Pills Anonymous is big in CA but not NY... there are only 2 meetings in the City, and the one I was at was attended by two others, one of which was her first meeting too. Still, it is nice to talk about addictions without having to use the "guise" of AA if that makes sense.

What is surprising to me is when you look at the "meetups' posts on this site, there are tons and tons of people who have looked at each state's available meetup options (esp in places like Atlanta etc) but there are no responses. Why is this do we think? Are we all so stigmatized by the addiciton that we can't stand to be around others who would know our weaknesses? Are we loners by nature? Curious.