QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Setting Routines

Defunct

I realized today that this is the first time in my life since college I have been out of work for more than 6 weeks consecutively. When I got laid off from my long-time job a few years ago, I had something set up immediately; and have not taken off more than 2 weeks for over 11 years.

I have NO idea what to do with myself. Some would say this sounds like a gift, but freedom is my enemy... I need structure and deliverables to make me accountable and feel like I am a useful person.

Anyone got some ideas about how to make that first kick-yourself-out-of-bed action in the morning that will sustain you for the rest of the day?

Well I realized the answer... it's called

Go. To. The. Gym.

Duh, I know many of you do this as a ritual, but it's a newfound thing for me. I bought a heart rate monitor and chest strap and it's awesome to know the "science" behind feeling out of breath for an hour :P

haha that visual of you all strapped at the gym is funny....!! wish I could see that!

I'm imagining little white discs taped to your temples, neck, shoulders, back, chest, stomach, cheeks, with wire leads going into a box strapped to your waist, crescendo beeping, paper with colorful squiggly lines feeding out of it, maybe an IV drip of gatoraid...

hahaha awesome! I laugh WITH you.... :D