QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Hello Everyone

Meg

Hey everyone! I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Megan, I'm 23 years old, and this is my first day on my road to quitting adderall (step-down style). My goal is to be done by the 28th of this month. I want to be finished by the end of December in order to start my new year off right with a fresh start and new beginning, adderall-free. I'm quitting for several reasons but my happiness, health, and future are the main ones. This is going to be quiet the struggle for me but I have to do it. I'm going to do it. I am very excited to seriously quit adderall. I know in doing this, my life can only get better for me. It might not seem like it at first b/c it's going to suck for a while but I know I will be able to get back to myself again and get my life on the right track!! One of my biggest fears of quitting is depression. Each time I've attempted to quit in the past, I have always felt an overwhelming amount of depression, extreme sleepiness, and clumsiness too I've noticed. I think I am probably depressed due to the fact that adderall has changed me from the person I used to be and love to a mess right now basically but along all the other important aspects of my life have also been affected over the years. I've just recently started making some big changes. First being, ending a difficult relationship in which was bad for me. Second, moving out of the apartment I shared with my ex and moving back home in with my parents for the time being. And third, quitting adderall. Finishing college at the end of this summer was also a huge reality check point for me to. Anyways, I want to use this site to my advantage so I hope to get meet some of you and be able to share my thoughts, feelings, experiences, struggles, and insights along the way!

Also! I didn't exactly really know where to right this post at but did in "Tell Your Story" section. Hope it's in the right place :S!

Hey Megan, welcome to the forum...

I'm not sure what your adderall use was like, so answer me this: is stepping down a way to delay the inevitable, a way to avoid ripping the bandaid off? I'm going to be careful about giving advise, I think this forum has gotten a little heavy on the advise given by folks just coming out of the dark themselves... so in that light, I think it's important to weigh it out, see what is usually done successfully... ie. going cold turkey, ripping the bandaid off and immediately beginning the road to recover, OR wallowing in the "quitting" phase, peeling the bandaid ever so gently off, so you can feel every hair being tugged at, pulled, skin stretching, bla bla bla... I think you can see where my personal opinion lies...

Anyway, that's neither here nor there (lamest prelude ever), what's important is that you brainwash yourself with positivity. Just as you can fill your head with how hard quitting is going to be, oh whoa is me how painful recovery is going to be, how uncomfortable, depressed, etc etc etc its all going to make you, you can, instead, concentrate on the fact that life will begin to improve, your everything will be better off, relationships, work, body, self esteem, the whole kit-n-kabootle (eh?) will benefit from quitting.... don't think of it as giving something up as much as gaining something anew... replace what you're removing (the adderall) with something better- in whatever form you desire, as long as it is something positive, beneficial, something that changes the way you think and gives you tools to make it day by day by day out of the smog and into the real world of ups and downs and highs and lows, and cope with NOT the way "normal" people cope, but as a higher being, an enlightened being, an advanced person, someone who makes the world a better place.... or at least strive for that.... fuck, now I'm giving advise too... oh well, bottom line, don't concentrate on how hard its going to be. You can read a ton of folks experiences, those who have quit and made it out of the fog, and you know what, it wasn't that bad.... the hardest is resisting the urges, not yielding, developing tools to let them pass, realizing that they do pass, and realizing that if you get thru one, you can keep getting thru them, until you just don't have them anymore.... it ain't that hard, it ain't that bad, be prepared mentally to stick to your commitment, and be excited for a new you....

• Like 1

Hey Megan welcome to this great web site it helped me a great deal with quitting my dependents with adderall congratulations on making the first step commitment yes your right your journey will be a little ruff butt we all did it so no reason why you wont be successful you need to be 100% committed for it to work .

Good luck FALCON

:( Damn my computer. I just typed out a huge long response and then it messed up and erased everything... rar.

Okay I wanted to hello again! And sorry for the late response! Thank you all for welcoming me :) It's very much appreciated.

Sky - okay so before my computer erased everything I wrote you a super long response but I'm just gonna try to sum it up now! Sorry! I appreciate your advise! I am going to still do the step-down but for a few different reason but most definitely not to delay quitting! With the step-down method I have now. I am only using what is left of the prescription I have but I should be done and the last day will be the 28th. I am absolutely 100% sure about quitting though and know that I will. Because I have to. want to. and need to. I'm very very excited to quit as well! Also, I will try to be as positive as possible though this process :) I will truly take your advice to heart and plan to stay positive and start to practicing thinking in such a way. I've also started therapy recently so hopefully she can provide me with more techniques or advice to help me though things.

I'll try to explain more of why I'm choosing to step-down right now tomorrow or on a later day. (I explained everything in this message before it erased but just don't have to will to retype it all right now)

Again much thanks for your insight and I'm very happy to start using this site and be a member. It definitely helps.

I too have had the experience of typing a lengthy response only to have it erased. It might be an issue with the server on this web site but I am just speculating on that. Anyway, what I do is hit the post button once I have typed a couple of paragraphs then once I see it has posted I hit the edit button and continue typing my response.

I am glad to see you are truly excited to experience life again without adderall, I was so ready to be done with the whole addiction experience, I just could not wait to do the quit. But I did wait until the time was right and I knew when that would be several months in advance of quitting. I went cold turkey but however you do it, quitting is the best thing you can do for yourself. Don't overlook the use of Tyrosine if the depression kicks in.

• Like 1