QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Relapsing :(

Kyle_Chaos

I don't really see military doctors as like that (though they could be) It was actually really difficult for me to get put on adderall in the first place. You're right about me cancelling, and I think I'm going to try Wellbutrin first, if adderall mainly messes with your dopamine stores, then I'll use the one anti depressant (to my knowledge) that acts on dopamine.

Hear, hear. I mentioned this in another post, but when I told my doctor I was addicted to Adderall, she suggested that I merely had a 'dependency', like some people are dependent on coffee or blood pressure medication. That's effing hilarious, eh? I mean, I literally said, "I'm an addict." How much clearer could that be? My point is, you don't have to tell your doctor you're an addict - he might not even believe you! You just need to tell him you don't want it anymore. If he asks why, you just rattle off some side effects. It's not that hard. Hell yeah, your doctor is just as dangerous as a dealer. Your doctor thinks this addictive medication is perfectly safe, and doesn't want to lose this cash cow.

Some doctors are so ridiculous!!!! I mentioned earlier that when I told my doctor that I was worried about how addictive they were, she suggested concerta instead. Concerta? She apparently didn't know anything about stimulants.

Bottom line, I am with you 100%. You gotta find a way to establish a relationship where they will not prescribe you stimulants. Leaving that door open is the addict within you and it's just super dangerous for any recovering addict.

Also, having tried so many ways to quit, like tapering down, self control, having someone dole them out to me, I found this one to be the only effective way. Cutting off the street dealer (who happens to be a doctor who can prescribe adderall)

• Like 1

Antidepressants are not addictive so my mentality is if you need it, get on one. I am still on Effexor.

You got to think of your doctor as dangerous as any dealer. They are enablers just the same. Don't ever ask him for stimulants. I mean, I would go ahead and tell him that you don't believe in adderall or any stimulants because you've heard so many horror stories about their addictive potential and you refuse to be prescribed any anymore. You gotta block these enablers. Of course you can always find your way into more, but at least that's a start...are positive you can't tell him you've had abuse problems in The past and you don't want to have problems going forward or something like that. I mean try to think of ways you can get him to cut you off without getting into trouble. You can be creative when it comes to getting pills, try and be creative when it comes to blocking off your pills. You can rely on yourself to stay off pills to a degree but cutting suppliers off is such a fail safe way to do it.

I can get cut off again this next week without going into detail about addiction. I'm wondering if I should try an anti-depressant or not, I know I truly feel alive after running 3-4 miles.. but if I keep this up on a daily basis I'm going to get injured..lol. We'll see.

I don't think an antidepressant can hurt; do your research but SSRIs and MAOIs do basically the same thing, but Wellbutrin is different. If you do end up on an antidepressant, you have to be really careful with alcohol though -- at least in the early days. It totally fucked me up even one or two drinks, and then with little willpower, back come the cravings and the whole vicious cycle begins again.

Sounds like you're going through a lot, (...even though you said it in just 5 words a few posts ago). Maybe running helps with the boredom too? Not to mention the infamous runner's high.... and it doesn't cost any money!. I've been thinking about doing something similar, in fact was looking in to 5Ks and 10Ks today. This is saying something for me because I am VERY unfit! :blush:

Hope your Sunday is ok, Kyle and everyone. Hang in there. We need you around here!

• Like 1

I don't think an antidepressant can hurt; do your research but SSRIs and MAOIs do basically the same thing, but Wellbutrin is different. If you do end up on an antidepressant, you have to be really careful with alcohol though -- at least in the early days. It totally fucked me up even one or two drinks, and then with little willpower, back come the cravings and the whole vicious cycle begins again.

Sounds like you're going through a lot, (...even though you said it in just 5 words a few posts ago). Maybe running helps with the boredom too? Not to mention the infamous runner's high.... and it doesn't cost any money!. I've been thinking about doing something similar, in fact was looking in to 5Ks and 10Ks today. This is saying something for me because I am VERY unfit! :blush:

Hope your Sunday is ok, Kyle and everyone. Hang in there. We need you around here!

Appreciate it buddy, I'm super fit physically..it's just mentally where I'm unhealthy.

I'll decide what to do this week, I'm super indecisive when it comes to everything (that may or may not be a symptom of ADHD)

This Sunday is going swell, I'm watching "Jersey Shore" on Netflix, it's so bad that it's worth watching for the parody value.