QuittingAdderall.com Forums

SNEAK PEEK: The New QuittingAdderall.com

Mike

In case any of you are interested, here's a screenshot of the final design comp for the QuittingAdderall.com redesign project I've been working on for the last month or so.

Let me know what you think!

qa-mockup-6.png

Notes:

1. That middle block is supposed to say "For Non Users: Understanding Adderall and Adderall Users", but it got all garbled when the designer saved it out.

2. I just used random avatars to show the recent forum posts, sorry if any are inaccurately associated!

3. I'm probably going to drop the whole "Adderallic" thing from the home-page and just say "Adderall Users"

• Like 1

Yay! Glad you guys like it. More cool stuff coming after this (especially once this semester ends).

I think you should keep the "adderallic" part.

You think so? I'm actually going back and forth a lot on this in my head. Adderallic is a new term invented here at QuittingAdderall.com. It's perfect once you process it and "get it". But is it too off-putting for people who haven't seen it before? Or is it instantly recognizable? And what about to non-users? I kind of want to focus-group it haha.

I love the "adderallic" term, but I agree that you'd be better off saying "Adderall User". I equate adderallic with alcoholic and I don't think you want to go calling anyone who takes adderall and "adderallic". Me on the other hand, YES. I am absolutely 100% adderallic. The difference to me is someone who takes it as prescribed vs. someone who may have a prescription, but is also abusing it. There is a big difference between the two. :)

• 2 weeks later...

First of all my dear Adderallics ... the new layout looks great! I especially like the way it highlights the Forum so people can find it and join in. Beautiful job Mike!

I am also at home with the term "Adderallic." In my mind, if you need it more and more, and it's helping you less and less, you belong here. That is to say, I belong here. And I am one who has taken Adderall (for years, off and on) with a doctor's script, only as prescribed. It was initially prescribed to "punch up" the effect of antidepressants that had stopped working (and some of those antidepressants, especially Effexor, were close enough cousins of amphetamine to make you wonder, although I did not know it at the time.) I currently have a script for 40 mg a day, for depression and chronic fatigue, which I've stopped using, hopefully for good. If I asked to have it bumped up to 60, the good doctor would do it in a New York minute. And if I said I wanted to go back to taking Klonopin too, because I can't sleep worth squat and I find myself feeling anxious and agitated? No problem! No one at the nice hospital psych clinic would ask why I was on uppers in the morning and downers in the evening. So many of their patients are. And if we start to get a little paranoid too? Just add Seroquel, or Abilify.

In other words... it is unfortunately quite easy to become a sure-enough speed addict with the full permission and support of the health care system. I'm not saying that all Adderall users are addicts. There's people who take it successfully for ADHD, etc. and don't seem to have any problems. But I'm not one of them. And if you take this stuff for enough years, I think the risks go up.

Our memories as a culture are so damn short. When I was a kid in the '60's and '70's there were millions of (mostly) women getting amphetamine "diet pills" from their doctors, and finally everyone had to admit the stuff was terribly addictive. Especially when the prescription diet pills started showing up in mass quantities on the street and in back of the truck stops. This is NOT the first generation of "good kids" (of any age!) who started taking speed for achievement-oriented goals. As a good girl who got my speed from my doctor, I'm thinking I can probably learn a lot from the "bad kids" who bought it off their friends to get high or to pull ridiculous all-nighters to catch up on school. We just might have a lot in common.