QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Classes for ADHD

Kyle_Chaos

sounds like you have an open mind about it at least... ;)

it'll be what you make it. could be a lot of what you already know, could be semi enlightening, could be profound.... I took one as part of getting a scrip, it was aight. What is the class about? why are you taking it?

check out the book Healing ADD, pretty interesting....

http://www.amazon.com/Healing-ADD-Breakthrough-Program-Allows/dp/0425183270/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1355703784&sr=8-1&keywords=healing+add

Hmm... a class on ADHD/ADD, sounds a little oxymoronic to me! :D

I personally can't see how taking a class with other ADHD sufferers would be helpful as it could get very off topic very easily.... would take a strong teacher and some really good content to mean a lot. I'd rather a class on something like speed reading or logic puzzles or memory retention games... like the GMAT or GRE prep classes that Kaplan does.

Have you or anyone tried www.lumosity.com? It's like a brain game online thingy which is supposed to increase your mental agility in 5 key areas. I am addicted! (I've been doing it on and off since 2008 and noticed my mental decline during the last few months on adderall and then complete collapse after adderall... I was in the 28th percentile during my 4th week off adderall, not good! Getting better now though, slowly...)

This reminds me of something I've been thinking about. How many of you actually think you have ADHD? I've gone back and forth with this and come to the conclusion that while I have mild ADHD tendencies like losing my keys constantly and stuff like that, I don't really think I ever was ADHD and wonder if it's even a legit diagnosis. Thoughts?

I believe ADD / ADHD is a real disorder but that it is greatly overdiagnosed and treated with stimulants. I think the "book" even says that only severe cases should be treated with stimulants. But that does not keep everyone from asking for stimulants and doctor shopping when they get refused or need more.

Myself, I never had it as a kid and I didn't even know what it felt like until I took too much adderall too many times. I convinced myself that I did indeed have ADD just so I could successfully bullshit my doctor into prescribing it to me.

• Like 1

I believe it exists, but only in a very tiny percentage of the population. Google the article "why French kids don't have adhd" from psychology today (cant post link from phone). It talks about how less than .5% of kids in France have adhd, compared to over 5% of American kids, yet these are both similar western countries. It's not like a kid's biology is different in France.