QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Wellbutrin SR

Kyle_Chaos

It's been my savior; I'm on 300mg daily. I have absolutely no side effects nowadays because I've been on it for 8 years; but at the beginning I remember dry mouth, vertigo, loss of appetite & insomnia (sounds familiar actually now I think of it :-)). Also I forgot to take it for a while and I had no idea how much it was helping me until I came off it - I fell very quickly in to a pretty deep depression. Like all antidepressants, you won't feel any lasting impact until probably 2-3 weeks in (they say give it 6 but I saw improvement in 3). Be patient!

Do you know this site? I like the way it's written and there's some pretty interesting/easy to digest info that I think is pretty accurate.

http://www.crazymeds.us/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Meds/Wellbutrin

Good luck!

It's been my savior; I'm on 300mg daily. I have absolutely no side effects nowadays because I've been on it for 8 years; but at the beginning I remember dry mouth, vertigo, loss of appetite & insomnia (sounds familiar actually now I think of it :-)). Also I forgot to take it for a while and I had no idea how much it was helping me until I came off it - I fell very quickly in to a pretty deep depression. Like all antidepressants, you won't feel any lasting impact until probably 2-3 weeks in (they say give it 6 but I saw improvement in 3). Be patient!

Do you know this site? I like the way it's written and there's some pretty interesting/easy to digest info that I think is pretty accurate.

http://www.crazymeds...Meds/Wellbutrin

Good luck!

I enjoyed that, ha.

I already feel a few negative side effects, but I'm going to stick it out and see how this affects me after a few weeks.

I was looking into Wellbutrin, however I can't help but think... aren't we just trading one substance addiction in for another when we should get to the root of the problem which lies within us and the power to conquer it without meds? I know I know if only we were that strong, we wouldn't be here in the first place. But I think we tend to look for an easy fix, instant gratification, when we need to start with small changes and give ourselves time and be patient. I should practice what I preach, patience is NOT my virtue. I am most definitely depressed and have battled an eating disorder for a long time, which adderall has increased 10 fold by the way but I'm afraid if I get on anti depression meds then I will be hooked on those and I do not think I can handle going through another one of these stages in my life. Eventually I want to be able to control my thoughts and emotions and be content with the person that I am and have inner peace.

I was looking into Wellbutrin, however I can't help but think... aren't we just trading one substance addiction in for another when we should get to the root of the problem which lies within us and the power to conquer it without meds? I know I know if only we were that strong, we wouldn't be here in the first place. But I think we tend to look for an easy fix, instant gratification, when we need to start with small changes and give ourselves time and be patient. I should practice what I preach, patience is NOT my virtue. I am most definitely depressed and have battled an eating disorder for a long time, which adderall has increased 10 fold by the way but I'm afraid if I get on anti depression meds then I will be hooked on those and I do not think I can handle going through another one of these stages in my life. Eventually I want to be able to control my thoughts and emotions and be content with the person that I am and have inner peace.

You definitely have a point. And complete independence from substances might be the best path for you. I definitely see virtue in that.

However, something likke Wellbutrin seems much more subtle / less abusable than something like Adderall.

"you will see changes in 2-6 weeks" sounds nothing like amphetamine whatsoever. Even if it's a NDRI. Though the personality changes might be similar... but simply much less pronounced? A big part of my amphetamine-hatred is the massive ups and downs... not sure if I'd see that on Wellbutrin. Maybe just a slightly elevated baseline? I could be wrong; I don't know; this is just speculation. I'd love to hear more reports of people taking it who are also familiar with amphetamines.

I've been opposed to being on "perscription medications" most of my life, yet fell in quickly with Adderall (first "recreationally", then habitually).

If you want to go full on 100% stimulant-esque substance free, that would invovle kicking things like coffee and nicotine too...

edit: I also see Wellbutrin is an effective and on-label perscribed smoking cecession aid. Which is really interesting, since amphetamine is such a chain-smoking-promoter for many people (myself included).

• Like 1

gonzo

Hey brother apparently you do not have depression so you have no Idea on what the fuck your talking about .You have no clue how it feels when you have no feeling and no hope and nothing gives you joy in life and you walk around in a slow motion mode. You are talking out of ignorants antidepressants help lots of people like myself with real clinical depression and also people who have experienced trauma in ther life like our brothers in the usa services coming home with post dramatic stress disorder or someone whom jest lost a loved like in connet- last week and people quitting drug and alcohol addiction .Take your head out of your () and be a little more opened mind because you are like a lot of folks out there that think you can jest snap out of your depression well I telling you bro it don’t work that way consider yourself a lucky you are not inflected with clinical depression. This subject hits close to home with me because I suffer from drug resistant depression all my adult life this means I start a new drug then it works somewhat for a bit then the drug stops working on me and I need to change to another drug .Gonzo you probubly have depreisson from post addearll abuse if you go on wellbutran it will most likly be short term so dont woory about getting hooked on it wellbutran is not addicting you can stop using it when ever you are redy to.

Your friend FALCON.

Gonzo I need to say that I am sorry. I was way to hard on you I tried to delete my post butt could not do so .You seem like a ok guy with good intentions I guess I was a little angry for you putting down antidepressant drugs please except my apology. FALCON

• Like 1

gonzo

Hey brother apparently you do not have depression so you have no Idea on what the fuck your talking about .You have no clue how it feels when you have no feeling and no hope and nothing gives you joy in life and you walk around in a slow motion mode. You are talking out of ignorants antidepressants help lots of people like myself with real clinical depression and also people who have experienced trauma in ther life like our brothers in the usa services coming home with post dramatic stress disorder or someone whom jest lost a loved like in connet- last week and people quitting drug and alcohol addiction .Take your head out of your () and be a little more opened mind because you are like a lot of folks out there that think you can jest snap out of your depression well I telling you bro it don’t work that way consider yourself a lucky you are not inflected with clinical depression. This subject hits close to home with me because I suffer from drug resistant depression all my adult life this means I start a new drug then it works somewhat for a bit then the drug stops working on me and I need to change to another drug .Gonzo you probubly have depreisson from post addearll abuse if you go on wellbutran it will most likly be short term so dont woory about getting hooked on it wellbutran is not addicting you can stop using it when ever you are redy to.

Your friend FALCON.

Gonzo I need to say that I am sorry. I was way to hard on you I tried to delete my post butt could not do so .You seem like a ok guy with good intentions I guess I was a little angry for you putting down antidepressant drugs please except my apology. FALCON

Hey, man, no worries. I said I was opposed to being on them, as in *myself*. Nothing against *others* using them, at all, what-so-ever! I would never be down on someone else for that kind of life choice.