QuittingAdderall.com Forums

8th day off of adderall

Debra77

Today is my 8th day off of adderall. I have had absolutely no desire to take another one of those pills that ruined that last 5 years of my life. I had originally posted that I quit my job of 16 years because I just couldn't take the rollercoaster ride anymore. I don't know how I managed. I felt like a machine. I then got another job and when I got home at 6 pm I was like the walking dead and couldn't care for my children so I decided to stop taking them. Big mistake when your trying to work. Needless to say I walked right out of that job bawling my eyes out and didn't say a word to anyone. The effects I have had without the adderall are extreme fatigue and the need to be in my bed all the time. I do get up and do some things and my mood is alot more leveled out than it has been in years. I actually laugh some now. I just know that I will have to find a job in a couple of weeks and I have to get my mind set that I don't need an adderall pill to function at a job. I have been sooooooo hungry and scared about packing on the pounds. I can tell i have already gained at least 10 pounds and that bothers me terribly but not enough to take another pill. I know I need an excercise program and I am going to do that but just to darn tired right now. My skin has even improved, for many years my face was so incredibly oily and broken out and the doctor assured it me it wasn't the adderall causing this. Bull!!!!!! I live in San Antonio, TX and am a 43 year old female and would love to talk one on one with someone that understands me and can relate to what i'm going thru because my family just doesn't get it. Thank you for listening.

Hi Debra,

This forum is totally. frickin. awesome and you have no idea how many hours I've spent here, poring over people's stories, struggles, figuring out who's made it and who dropped off the face of the earth; how people have experienced life through recovery and stayed strong.

I remember that feeling of first beginning to laugh again; it kind of took me by surprise because it was almost like I didn't know I'd lost it, until it came back. It was like an old friend who'd returned... my sense of humor. I actually spent 30 mins on the phone today giggling with a friend and I can tell you the endorphins (or whatever) released from that were about as good as any high from adderall ever was.

Stay strong... it's worth it in the long run. And don't worry about what your family thinks. Swim in your own lane. :)

• Like 1

Debra77

Hey there sister you hang in there what your experiencing now is completely normal from coming off adderall I myself took two weeks off of work and did nothing but sleep eat and withdraw from adderall addiction I call it my two weeks in hell I took this time to clean up I have hit rock bottom. I remember going to the shrinks office he was asking me the normal questions and I just sat there wanting to answer him butt noting came out of my mouth. When I attempted to speak it was kike my brain was unplugged or maybe I was having a stroke nothing came out of my mouth I could not speak at all not even a yes. At that time I was abusing adderall and xanax both at the same time talk about a seesaw man what a trip I was on .So the shrink wanted to call a ambulance for me to take me to the detox center I refused to go. I went home and detoxed myself the next day when my brain shut down I knew my days of abusing drugs was finally over. I needed to get cleaned I have not beat the battle yet it is jest the beginning of a new chapter in my life. I am now nearly 90 clean from addearll and 90 days clean from xanax .I found xanax to be a more difficult drug to step down from it took me 11 months to step off of xanax .025 every two weeks the last month was the hardest because I knew I finally needed to say good bye to xanax after 20 years of abuse. As far as you your hair it will grow back and you will get back to normal whatever normal is I have not found normal for myself yet .Jest keep up your will power it’s your strongest weapon agent’s addiction. You will have one more hard week so stay strong fight the tiredness.

THE FALCON

• 3 weeks later...

I have been off this medicine now since Dec 13 and I still feel awful. I have gained a ton of weight. I'm exhausted and just want to sleep. My skin has improved but that's about it. I honestly think I'm starting it up again. Why not? I dang sure don't feel any better than I did. I figured I would have some energy and a little motiviation by now but I have zero. I'm miserable.

why did you write this with the 'strikethrough' script?

keep your expectations low when quitting or you will be disappointed. unfortunately our brains take a while to begin regenerating what we have grown so accustomed to adderall producing for us.

you got to start somewhere and id say youre off to a great start. stay strong and hang in there.

Debra77

Debra baby get a hold of your self your having a bad day they come on in waves don’t you dare relapse you have traveled to fair 4 week baby that’s a lot of time you have invested in your recovery come on sake it off tomorrow is another day you will feel better in the morning please don’t do it hang in there keep on line we will talk you down. Its 110 days for me and I still have more bad days then I have good days but there are good days that I have also and I caries thous days when thy come.

Your friend and supporter FALCON

• Like 1