QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Music I really relate to...

whoami

I really connect and relate with certain songs especially with what I've been going through. I am having a really tough time letting go of the past. My crazy suspicions drove the man of my dreams away..

"Something gotta give, the way I'm living seems I'm getting down every day..

All my superstitions and my crazy suspicions of the people that I care about, I've been doing more screaming than I've been doing dreaming.

"it took southerns skies to realize that I'm causing myself this pain!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdPzNCybqzw&feature=share

Thanks you guys for turning me on to some tunes I hadn't heard before. Before I kicked addies last time out...greenday was everywhere...couldn't hear boulevard of broken dreams without strait cracking...it was my life..perfectly and seriously fucked and on the brink of disaster!!! Then after a stint in rehab...anything by stains....been awhile was the classic addict deal...but so much of their shit is Aaron s own struggle with drugs. We know the genius and talent that drugs have taken out to early from the music world...but it takes so many that we never hear about. Sons and daughters..moms and dads...siblings ,friends and people who are loved by someone despite the fuckups. Behind every face there is a story of a life...even if there isn't a video to go with it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I was finally listening to some music today that actually reminded me of this forum.

Here's the verse... so true, huh?!

And as we go on through the deal I

I know that we won't always feel

Real wonderful

Life ain't like that

But I want to stay right by your side

Check out the view enjoy the ride

Together

With all our loved ones

• Like 1

I was finally listening to some music today that actually reminded me of this forum.

Here's the verse... so true, huh?!

And as we go on through the deal I

I know that we won't always feel

Real wonderful

Life ain't like that

But I want to stay right by your side

Check out the view enjoy the ride

Together

With all our loved ones

Really like this one.

Okay, I'm not good at posting videos so I will just name some of the songs I have been listening too. Hurt-Pills, My Chemical Romance-Sing, Keane-Silenced by the night, and , Somewhere Only We Know, Jay Malinowski-Life is a Gun, Beach House-Myth, Cyndi Lauper-The Goonies 'R'Good Enough (nothing to do with Adderall or addiction but love that movie and song), Fort Minor-Where'd you go, Metric-Help I'm Alive.. There's a lot more. I have 10 different playlists depending on the mood that I am in. I also just realized that I listed them as artist first, then song....hope everyone can follow. My mind is much right now. Goodnight.

Ahhh,Fort Minor...Mike Shenoda is my boy..love Linkin Park ...my kids do too,that's my mosh pit house cleaning tunage ....Hybrid Theory all the way baby!!!! But Mike solo...and where'd ya go...reminds me mostly of my husband being gone right now. Its a good thing tho ....we sometimes underestimate what we can do...how much we can withstand...until we are often neck deep in it. I am.....and I am going to do this. Keep what remains of my family together,no missing what coulda been...cuz most likely those things wouldn't have been anyway. I can however make my own future...and it can be as good as I have a drive to make it staying on the right path. My grieving adderall is pretty much done.....as of recently..I wake up knowing each day is a clean slate...if I do something,I don't bounce it off when I did it on adderall....I just get up and "DO"...along with the Michael's app...I have filled out a bunch more on line as well....I have all my medical insurance filled put for the state in an envelope and ready to go....I have a load of laundry in...and im embarking on room cleaning.....it is 8:45 on a Sunday morning. My dopamine is still repairing..but I get thru a day accepting it as just a beat ass day if it is that way....not a beat ass day cuz I don't have addies. This clarity kicks in whenever and it has been just recently for me...I am the only glue I have to fix what really was a broken life for awhile.....some people are sadly given permanent solutions to what's really only temporary problems....just for today I'm really challenged and feeling confident about getting things back that drugs had a hand.in taking from my life.....and to quote another great song. POD~GOODBYE FOR NOW.."I'm not the type to say I told ya so,,,,sometimes I think the hardest part of holding on is letting it go"

• Like 1

I can however make my own future...

and it can be as good as I have a drive to make it staying on the right path. My grieving adderall is pretty much done.....as of recently..I wake up knowing each day is a clean slate...if I do something,I don't bounce it off when I did it on adderall....I just get up and "DO"...along with the Michael's app...I have filled out a bunch more on line as well....I have all my medical insurance filled put for the state in an envelope and ready to go....I have a load of laundry in...and im embarking on room cleaning.....it is 8:45 on a Sunday morning.

My dopamine is still repairing..but I get thru a day accepting it as just a beat ass day if it is that way....not a beat ass day cuz I don't have addies. This clarity kicks in whenever and it has been just recently for me...I am the only glue I have to fix what really was a broken life for awhile.....some people are sadly given permanent solutions to what's really only temporary problems....just for today I'm really challenged and feeling confident about getting things back that drugs had a hand.in taking from my life.....

Ok so I pulled a few of your sentences out of this post for more clarity. It is one of your best posts yet, neversaynever. It shows a lot of self acceptance and determination to make the rest of your life beyond your addiction a much better place for you and your family. YOU GO! You got this thing by its dead fuckin tail. You have motivated me to get off my ass and get some shit done today. Gonna start by shoveling all that fresh snow!

• Like 1

Awwww,quit once...you made me smile!!! And snow indeed dude....I dug out yesterday venturing out on the road soon. No one is handing me anything...I've accepted that. And expecting anyone to do so will only breed resentment....so I am on the road to self sufficiency....its better that way...and I wont be fronting under the cover of adderall....so foots of snow be damned....we got this my friend!!!! Thanks so much for your words.

• Like 1