QuittingAdderall.com Forums

THANK YOU "QUITTING ADDERALL!"

davemyers1977

This website is saving my life. I have abused Adderall for 7 years and content I found here finally helped me to break the chains of my addiction with authority, while still filling the void with wholesome things that I missed so much without even knowing it. I used to think I could not draw without this drug (I am an artist www.artisservant.com) and I have already drawn 3 drawings in short order and enjoyed the experience MUCH more than I have in the past decade of work. Whoever you are, admin of this page, THANK YOU! You have given me the courage to contact my MD in writing to assure my own accountability to this life change, and I have not regretted it at all!!! Thank you thank you thank you!!!

• Like 1

Only a week but I tossed the stone into the sea with a very frank and brutally honest email to my MD. I'm training for a Marathon now, and between this and the nutritional information I have found here, I am already feeling so much better. I am going to be catching up on 7 years of sleep for a long time, but I know it will only get better. Marathon training really helped me to philosophically and psychologically get in the right space to make this decision. "Quitting Adderall" pushed me over the glorious edge. I am truly indebted and will continue to check in.

• Like 1

Davemyers....yay!!!! And hi-5 ..I have a week tomorrow! !!! I feel SO not myself...but yet myself has not been me for a longtime now. So ill get comfortable with this girl Heather again..one day at a time. I had a 5 year run....then.clean for over 3 years... this time bout 2 years using...and heading on 1 week. I don't wanna be here again..but it is the bomb being specific to adderall like it is. You will think the things you are reading you could have written yourself...they are that dead on. And its free...we can all use a bargain and you wont find a better one than here dude!!!! So keep the posts coming and stay strong.

• Like 1

@neversaynever and @motivation_follows_action: I was actually on my 5th week or so of marathon training when I had my breakthrough! Marathon training was actually one of the big pushes that got me here along with this amazing website! I was running a 10 miler one day on the American Tobacco Trail, and I had one of those moments in running when you really start to "work things out." This for me was also one of those moments when it feels like God is saying "you know I haven't given up on you, right?" (Like when my wife and I adopted our son Evan) Some times God just reaches out and says "I still love you, and you're not as bad as you think you are."

Basically, I saw my way clear of the cycle, and I saw what to do. I also had the very definite belief hit me that I COULD do it. I burst into tears on mile 8. I was just glad that no one was around. Of course, it took another 2 or 3 weeks for me to bite the bullet, and it was thanks to the fact that I read HERE what I had thought to myself on that run. "If you really want to jump off the cliff into a new life, contact your doctor!" (or words to that effect.) I am so thankful that I did. I LOVE THIS SITE.

I am on my way to another running adventure! If you ever want to take up running (I was a lifelong swimmer before running - still am I guess) I STRONGLY suggest the "Couch to 5K" app for your iphone or just the program itself. You will be amazed how quickly you are able to run 3 miles without walking. It slowly builds you into it and it was a Godsend for me a couple years ago.

It is going to be a great New Year folks! Much love to all of you!

- Dave Myers

www.artisservant.com

Yay!!!! Quit once, I have an IN with someone in upper management! !!! Thank you so much. and hey, if anyone wants to call me babe on here...I'm all about it!!! I feel like I've known you guys forever because the stage and the setting may be different but the play is so the same. ..and each day the true happiness about the little things in life comes to light more and more. Makes me realize just how pissed off and miserable I had become on the drug that i would have insisted was the key to my happiness. I woulda "pro" columned thar shit all day long to a novice. ..but those days are gone. Sometimes the hardest part of holding on is letting it go, and this site and all of you have honestly been what's gotten me through this first week.

• 6 months later...

Hey Jon,

Congrats for making it 30 days. The first 10-12 weeks is the early recovery period. Not as tough as the initial withdrawl phase, but it is filled with emotional ups and downs, moments of mental clarity and a gradual lessening of the physical withdrawl symptoms.

I have no doubt you will make it through early recovery and make the gradual transition to life beyond adderall (true freedom).

• Like 1