QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Wellbutrin REALLY helps with ADHD

Kyle_Chaos

Fellow Wellbutrin users not using adderall: do you have trouble tolerating caffine? I have found that I usually have to wait about an hour after I take Wellbutrin (I only take it in the a.m.) before coffee. If I have them too close together I get very very anxious.

Fellow Wellbutrin users not using adderall: do you have trouble tolerating caffine? I have found that I usually have to wait about an hour after I take Wellbutrin (I only take it in the a.m.) before coffee. If I have them too close together I get very very anxious.

I've been taking wellbutrin for years and I don't usually have a prob with caffeine... but I don't really drink too much coffee anyway - if I drink it after midday it gives me a shocking headache.

never had that issue either. I'd take it in the AM with highly caffeinated tea and double fist with a big water... lots of water always, never enough water for that stuff... but everyone's physiology is different, obv, so if you react that way, wait on the caffeine... are you taking extended release?

Yes, I drink a lot of coffee. Doesn't really give me anxiety, just a slight energy boost.

never had that issue either. I'd take it in the AM with highly caffeinated tea and double fist with a big water... lots of water always, never enough water for that stuff... but everyone's physiology is different, obv, so if you react that way, wait on the caffeine... are you taking extended release?

No I take bupropion hcl

Not sure what that stands for but since its not SR I assume its not

You should be able to tell whether it's XR, IR or SR from the dosage. It is very rare to be prescribed IR, so the dosage usually goes like this:

300 MG XR (extended)

150 MG SR (sustained release) x 2 per day

Of course when you're first taking it you have to step up to that amount. I got super dizzy and a bit of virtigo when I first started, which is how I knew it was working I guess.